Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785944 times)

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #4530 on: 12 May 2016, 14:56 »
I wouldn't care but we have an 09 plate 1.4 golf that gets parked any place convenient and not a scratch on it.
The dent guy I use is good so if it can be sorted he'll do it.Will post pics after sorted.Cheers.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.

Offline dave7268

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4531 on: 12 May 2016, 16:41 »
NVH  - just how much has been added and where from as was thinking about doing this myself?

You can definitely feel it through the pedals slightly and it is very slightly louder in the car, but the change really is miminal. You might get slightly different results as I've got a Milltek Cat back fitted.

It's less annoying than the fake sound actuator though lol.

Ha, turned that sound actuator off as soon as I knew how to - couldn't stand that fake sound at all.

If it is not too bad then I think I will give it a try and see how it goes - not got a cat back fitted though that is a plan for the future when funds allow. Cheers  :wink:
7GTI PP DSG - no longer

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #4532 on: 12 May 2016, 21:33 »
I was going to get mine out of its cave tomorrow to give it a wash and a play but seeing all the damage that has recently happened and seeing as it is Friday the 13th... I may give it a miss  :whistle:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4533 on: 12 May 2016, 21:46 »
I was going to get mine out of its cave tomorrow to give it a wash and a play but seeing all the damage that has recently happened and seeing as it is Friday the 13th... I may give it a miss  :whistle:

Oh sh!t, I forgot it was Fri 13th tomorrow.  Not normally superstitious but in the current climate???  I'm dreading the school run in the morning now.  :sad:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
« Reply #4534 on: 12 May 2016, 22:02 »
Booth11 - My wife says I'm very superstitious, but I don't agree - it's like all that nonsense with astrology, I just don't believe- I'm a Virgo and they're naturally very sceptical  :grin:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4535 on: 12 May 2016, 23:01 »
Oh, forgot to mention, I found a nice little ding in the drivers door today.
Interestingly that's the side that's normally parked with no vehicle next to it!  :rolleyes:
It's only small and could've been there a little while as it's generally dark when I use the car.
Grrrrrr
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #4536 on: 12 May 2016, 23:52 »
A few pictures taken at Curborough yesterday, car was woeful on Cup 2s in the wet, I was woeful in the dry

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4537 on: 13 May 2016, 00:20 »
Oh, forgot to mention, I found a nice little ding in the drivers door today.
Interestingly that's the side that's normally parked with no vehicle next to it!  :rolleyes:
It's only small and could've been there a little while as it's generally dark when I use the car.
Grrrrrr

Oh dear.  :rolleyes:

Booth11 - My wife says I'm very superstitious, but I don't agree - it's like all that nonsense with astrology, I just don't believe- I'm a Virgo and they're naturally very sceptical  :grin:

Oh dear.  :cry:

Maybe we should all just lock our cars away tomorrow until it's over as this is fast becoming the thread of doom!

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4538 on: 13 May 2016, 00:20 »
A few pictures taken at Curborough yesterday, car was woeful on Cup 2s in the wet, I was woeful in the dry

Well it sure looks good.   :cool:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4539 on: 13 May 2016, 05:25 »
^^^ well I sure agree with that.

What happened with your REVO wheels wigit? I've not seen a shot of your car with them on, or did you decide against them in the end?

Maybe we should all just lock our cars away tomorrow until it's over as this is fast becoming the thread of doom!

I'm going to take you up on that.
I've just shoved the car in the garage, hopefully without damaging it again, and am now going to bed.
Someone give me a shout once it's Saturday morning when it's safe to re-emerge!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner