Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785861 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2770 on: 11 August 2015, 18:46 »

Re the stonechips - maybe you need to slow down.  :tongue: :evil:

I was a fair way back from the car in front when it happened, so I can't even berate myself for tailgating.  :rolleyes:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2771 on: 11 August 2015, 20:38 »

I was a fair way back from the car in front when it happened, so I can't even berate myself for tailgating.  :rolleyes:

So does that mean it is still kaput as far as you are concerned?

And regarding stone chips, adhere to what Rebecca recommends.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2772 on: 11 August 2015, 20:55 »

Maybe I should try driving backwards to be retreating away from the stones?  :tongue:

Doing 75 on a motorway, with probably a 4 second gap between me and the car in front. Can't really do anything else about it without annoying other drivers by crawling along.

Autoglass booked for a free repair, but not hopeful they'll put anything in the chip, it is very shallow.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #2773 on: 11 August 2015, 21:10 »
Fitted a DTUK box to my R.
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2774 on: 11 August 2015, 21:11 »

Maybe I should try driving backwards to be retreating away from the stones?  :tongue:

Doing 75 on a motorway, with probably a 4 second gap between me and the car in front. Can't really do anything else about it without annoying other drivers by crawling along.

Autoglass booked for a free repair, but not hopeful they'll put anything in the chip, it is very shallow.

I've been doing that all my life. But now with 4 pooh pipes I think my time for driving forward has arrived!

Autoglass may possibly work wonders with the stone chips. My Mk6 GTI had some horrible stone chips and scratches on the windscreen. I got the Glass Doctor to fix these and he did a perfect job. Don't think he works so far up Narth unfortunately. Autoglass were not able to help me.
« Last Edit: 11 August 2015, 21:20 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2775 on: 12 August 2015, 07:36 »
Auto glass actually cracked my windscreen when they attempted to fix a chip and then tried to walk away saying it wasn't there fault. A not so quiet word in his van with the manager and a new windscreen was fitted.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline BigD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2776 on: 14 August 2015, 07:28 »
VCDS tweaks, DRL dim and soundaktor turned off.

What a difference it makes turning that off!

Ordered a neuspeed intake on a whim.

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #2777 on: 14 August 2015, 08:44 »
Dropped my GTI off for it's second service at Lookers in Preston last night. Customer service so far has been excellent. Booked it in at short notice and they sorted a courtesy car out for me too, couldn't have been more helpful.

Spotted 2 motors in the car park I thought you lot might be interested in too... First up, a GTD Estate...

Must admit, I thought it looked awful from the back end. A real shame that it doesn't have the LED lights from the hatch.

Secondly, a new Passat R-Line Estate Bi-TDI...

Loved it. Thought it looked stunning in this colour too. Loved it that much I've asked the sales guy for some numbers with one specced up with 19" wheels and a few gadgets.... Ooops.
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #2778 on: 14 August 2015, 08:53 »
Dropped my GTI off for it's second service at Lookers in Preston last night. Customer service so far has been excellent. Booked it in at short notice and they sorted a courtesy car out for me too, couldn't have been more helpful.

Spotted 2 motors in the car park I thought you lot might be interested in too... First up, a GTD Estate...

Must admit, I thought it looked awful from the back end. A real shame that it doesn't have the LED lights from the hatch.

Secondly, a new Passat R-Line Estate Bi-TDI...

Loved it. Thought it looked stunning in this colour too. Loved it that much I've asked the sales guy for some numbers with one specced up with 19" wheels and a few gadgets.... Ooops.

I have a massive problem with the GTD estate and its not its fault, it is its brother Alltrak, same money for same bhp but AWD, and going from them photos, better looking! If I was in the market for a family car id get one and stick a GTD badge on it :grin:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline JBirchy

• Here all the time
« Reply #2779 on: 14 August 2015, 09:03 »
I have a massive problem with the GTD estate and its not its fault, it is its brother Alltrak, same money for same bhp but AWD, and going from them photos, better looking! If I was in the market for a family car id get one and stick a GTD badge on it :grin:

Very true...
MK7 GTI 3-Door DSG, Tornado Red, Discover Nav, Winter Pack, ACC, Keyless Go, Reversing Camera, Service Pack... Ordered 28th Oct... Collected 1st March!