Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785661 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2480 on: 04 July 2015, 16:18 »
Its going to be the signal interference problem that I've tried to point out on here a hundred times, but nobody listens.

There is definitely several different types of things that mess with ACC and the city breaking/parking sensors.

I suspect that the Tyne Tunnel problem is either a static piece of electronic equipment at the tunnel or some other car's electronics screwing with it.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2481 on: 04 July 2015, 16:41 »
Could scan it with vcds matt if you want.

Chris: Would that scan affect VW's own or clear faults logged so they can't see them? I'm assuming not, but i'm not wanting to go to the garage with nowt to show for it because the VCDS action cleared everything.

Going to Silverlink Benfield on Friday purely out of convenience straight after work (the management finish at 1:30pm on a Friday in the new job). Only prepared to have the car at Silverlink on a while I wait basis. If the car has to be left with them for further diagnosis then it'll go to Pulman, even if it is a little inconvenient (although the Durham branch might be handy from work if they're willing to pick up and drop off the car from my place of work.

How's the new tyres? Doubt you've had the opportunity to give them a workout as they're not scrubbed in yet, but are they any quieter?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Diehammer

• Here all the time
« Reply #2482 on: 04 July 2015, 21:35 »
Gave the car a wash and since its 4 weeks old today treated the wheels to a coat of auto finesse mint rims sealant.
Golf GTD MK7 5 door Manual, Carbon Grey, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera.

Ordered 26/02/15  Build Week Confirmed 24/04/15 (BW21) Stage 5a 19/05/15 Stage 5b 21/05/15 Stage 5c 29/05/15 Stage 6 02/06/15 Stage 7 04/06/15 Pick Up 06/06/15

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2483 on: 04 July 2015, 21:44 »
Its going to be the signal interference problem that I've tried to point out on here a hundred times, but nobody listens.

There is definitely several different types of things that mess with ACC and the city breaking/parking sensors.

I suspect that the Tyne Tunnel problem is either a static piece of electronic equipment at the tunnel or some other car's electronics screwing with it.

Who said that?  :grin:

The static piece of electronic equipment at the Tyne tunnel is likely to be the RFID tag reader that reads my unique tag associated with my Tyne tunnel toll account (so I don't have to handle cash at the tunnel). It has happened once elsewhere on a long sweeping bend of the A1, but 6 times out of 7, it has happened at the North side of the tunnel when approaching the toll gates, but well before the point that the tag reader would read my tag, deduct my toll from my account and open the barrier for me, so it may not be that.

The common denominator at all incidences has been a long stretch of road, on a constant curve - maybe every once in a while it needs to lock onto something for readings to remain plausible, and a bend lasting 1/2 a mile in the same direction puzzles it?

Offline Diehammer

• Here all the time
« Reply #2484 on: 04 July 2015, 21:54 »

The static piece of electronic equipment at the Tyne tunnel is likely to be the RFID tag reader that reads my unique tag associated with my Tyne tunnel toll account (so I don't have to handle cash at the tunnel). It has happened once elsewhere on a long sweeping bend of the A1, but 6 times out of 7, it has happened at the North side of the tunnel when approaching the toll gates, but well before the point that the tag reader would read my tag, deduct my toll from my account and open the barrier for me, so it may not be that.

The common denominator at all incidences has been a long stretch of road, on a constant curve - maybe every once in a while it needs to lock onto something for readings to remain plausible, and a bend lasting 1/2 a mile in the same direction puzzles it?

Out of curiosity where do you have this tag positioned? We dont have any tolls up here anymore (only decent thing the SNP have ever done).
Golf GTD MK7 5 door Manual, Carbon Grey, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera.

Ordered 26/02/15  Build Week Confirmed 24/04/15 (BW21) Stage 5a 19/05/15 Stage 5b 21/05/15 Stage 5c 29/05/15 Stage 6 02/06/15 Stage 7 04/06/15 Pick Up 06/06/15

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2485 on: 04 July 2015, 22:02 »

Out of curiosity where do you have this tag positioned? We dont have any tolls up here anymore (only decent thing the SNP have ever done).

It's a little plastic disc, about the size of a tax disc, on a sucker that you're supposed to stick to the bottom corner of the driver's side of your windscreen. As you approach the barriers, there's a column on the drivers side (near where you would open the drivers window and throw your change into the scooped tray if paying cash) that picks up your tag and makes the electronic deductions from your account and allows the barriers to open as payment has been made.

The ACC system has played up well before i'm in range of the reader if it happens.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2486 on: 04 July 2015, 22:12 »

Funny how it's never done this with my car any time through the Tyne tunnel so I think your explanation/rant is slightly unfounded.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2487 on: 04 July 2015, 22:14 »
Matt, you can scan for faults and leave them if any show up.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2488 on: 04 July 2015, 22:20 »
Matt, you can scan for faults and leave them if any show up.

Chris: I don't think i'll get the chance to swing by yours before next Friday for a scan, but i'm adamant that the car will not be staying there. If those error logs don't prompt them to replace or fix something, it'll be going to Pulman.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2489 on: 04 July 2015, 22:24 »
Which way do you go home from work? Could you come along the a690 to my mams where you came before? Then you're straight out to a19 and home.