Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785954 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1820 on: 07 March 2015, 13:33 »
Great day at Geneva, I'll sort some pics out, spotted the 7R wagon which was better than I thought, missed the GTD wagon

I liked the Focus RS just some of the plastics look a little cheap, the Civic Type R was hideous in the flesh just brash with bad :shocked:y fitting plastic bits

RS3 was an interesting one as spoke to the Project Manager for it for about 20mins, he had been pretty much living with one since the end of June, rear diff is from new Passat so different to 7R and so 100% of power to rear wheels, he took delete in saying it oversteers. in the flesh their are some nice touches as it's just so well detailed, needs the black pack for me, wanted to not like it, ended up knowing I need to try one

Cars of the show for me were MX5 just love the simplicity and the Cayman GT4 which just fits like a glove, I actually preferred it to the GT3 RS

Offline BigD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1821 on: 07 March 2015, 13:49 »
Fitted some black mirror caps, threw a bucket of water over it and took some quick snaps.

« Last Edit: 07 March 2015, 17:28 by BigD »

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #1822 on: 07 March 2015, 17:49 »
Fitted some black mirror caps, threw a bucket of water over it and took some quick snaps.

Me like!

I was thinking about dark mirror caps and darker rims on mine and you've confirmed it'll look great.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #1823 on: 07 March 2015, 21:25 »
Gave it it's first proper going over !!  :laugh:
Took about 5 hours but pleased with the results  :smiley:
Valet Pro Snow Foam
2 Bucket wash with WO WO Lambswool Mitt
Auto Finesse Iron Out.(surprisingly little contamination)
Microfibre towel dry
2 coats Jeffs Werkstat Acrylic Prime
1 coat Jeffs Werkstat Jett Sealant
1 coat Jeffs Werkstat Gloss detailer
2 cups of coffee  :laugh:

« Last Edit: 07 March 2015, 22:01 by JB GTI »
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1824 on: 07 March 2015, 23:11 »
^^
Fantastic job, the Lapis/Lapiz really sparkles in the sunlight.  Great work  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1825 on: 07 March 2015, 23:17 »
Great day at Geneva, I'll sort some pics out, spotted the 7R wagon which was better than I thought, missed the GTD wagon

I liked the Focus RS just some of the plastics look a little cheap, the Civic Type R was hideous in the flesh just brash with bad :shocked:y fitting plastic bits

RS3 was an interesting one as spoke to the Project Manager for it for about 20mins, he had been pretty much living with one since the end of June, rear diff is from new Passat so different to 7R and so 100% of power to rear wheels, he took delete in saying it oversteers. in the flesh their are some nice touches as it's just so well detailed, needs the black pack for me, wanted to not like it, ended up knowing I need to try one

Cars of the show for me were MX5 just love the simplicity and the Cayman GT4 which just fits like a glove, I actually preferred it to the GT3 RS

I guess the interior plastics on the Ford and Honda are never gong to quite match VW or Audi standard.

Does the RS3 look much better in the flesh?   It comes over bland in photos.  Look forward to the pics.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #1826 on: 07 March 2015, 23:35 »
Took about 5 hours but pleased with the results  :smiley:
Valet Pro Snow Foam
2 Bucket wash with WO WO Lambswool Mitt
Auto Finesse Iron Out.(surprisingly little contamination)
Microfibre towel dry
2 coats Jeffs Werkstat Acrylic Prime
1 coat Jeffs Werkstat Jett Sealant
1 coat Jeffs Werkstat Gloss detailer
2 cups of coffee  :laugh:

Good it looks good in the sunlight, it making question maybe I made a mistake ordering DBP .
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #1827 on: 08 March 2015, 11:00 »

That looks brilliant in the sun. The slightly surprising thing for me is that VW have not given the R (or GTI/GTD for that matter) any lettering on the side sills. A nice metallic strip with R on the sills would have been a classy touch

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #1828 on: 08 March 2015, 11:08 »

That looks brilliant in the sun. The slightly surprising thing for me is that VW have not given the R (or GTI/GTD for that matter) any lettering on the side sills. A nice metallic strip with R on the sills would have been a classy touch
I'm not sure but I think the metal strip does have some blue illumination which I think looks quite cool not sure if the gti does the same
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #1829 on: 08 March 2015, 12:02 »

Ha ha !! I thought that too. Watch this space.....its work in progress !!  :smug:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA