Author Topic: Autosmart G101 or Meg's APC  (Read 6359 times)

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: Autosmart G101 or Meg's APC
« Reply #10 on: 19 November 2010, 12:09 »
Just resurrecting this old thread as im looking for some APC but where on the hight street would i be able to buy this stuff, like today.

you'd have difficulty getting hold of some TODAY.. but you can get hold of some through GolfDan very quickly via this thread
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=169167.0

personally I use G101 for a lot of uses, as a TFR/Wax remover when I mean business  :evil:, or engine bay cleaner, wheel arches, interiors, dash, head linings, plastics, stain removal, I even use it in my home (great on tiles but not food safe)...

for a TFR I prefer hazsafe.. non-caustic and no risk of spotting on window rubbers etc

thanks for that, i was hoping to give it a right good doing today as i had the time, but as usual i leave things to the last min.

looks like its gonna be fairy liquid in a bucket and get the brushes out.

personally I would rather not wash my car than use crap like that on it  :rolleyes:

Offline marky-gee

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 19 November 2010, 12:30 »
Just resurrecting this old thread as im looking for some APC but where on the hight street would i be able to buy this stuff, like today.

you'd have difficulty getting hold of some TODAY.. but you can get hold of some through GolfDan very quickly via this thread
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=169167.0

personally I use G101 for a lot of uses, as a TFR/Wax remover when I mean business  :evil:, or engine bay cleaner, wheel arches, interiors, dash, head linings, plastics, stain removal, I even use it in my home (great on tiles but not food safe)...

for a TFR I prefer hazsafe.. non-caustic and no risk of spotting on window rubbers etc

thanks for that, i was hoping to give it a right good doing today as i had the time, but as usual i leave things to the last min.

looks like its gonna be fairy liquid in a bucket and get the brushes out.

personally I would rather not wash my car than use crap like that on it  :rolleyes:

It's only for door shuts and bits and bobs not on actual paint work
1997 GOLF GTI 2.0 (8v)

Offline musicman87

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 19 November 2010, 19:10 »
Having tried samples of both G101 and Megs APC before i bought a big tub, theyre both great! The only reason why i chose the Megs APC is because IMO it smells nicer!
55' Tornado Red 3-Door GTI, Manual, 17" Monza's, Totally original!

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #13 on: 19 November 2010, 20:23 »
I'm stil waiting on golfdan to get back to me about buying G101.
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline Gav_m

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 17 January 2011, 22:39 »
im a valeter at vw and we use autosmart products i find g101 can be used for all things even for wet vacing seats carpets but i prefur brisk or brisk low foam for machine, iv tried most autoglym stuff and in my opinoin autosmarts stuff is just as good and is cheap!! iv just started looking into all this claying and wax's etc and polishers but im lost really lol iv worked in bodyshops where i flatted and polished fresh paint and used a spinning polisher vari speed with 3m green top and pad yellow top and pad and blue top and blue pad, i usually use these on my own car green for scratches and marks yellow for after green and i do the full car with blue top to remove every swirl! finsh off with auto smart cherry glaze is this any good!! lol
iv tried megs 3 stage one but didnt really think it looked anybetter than with my normal stuff! iv valeted for 6 years though and had plenty of machining experiance maybe thats y i used to think with ok stuff its just down to the person polishing lmao! was thinkin about getting some wax any tips or advice what to do before and after and good stuff that wont break the bank cheeers!

Offline geordieGTI

• Just got here
« Reply #15 on: 21 January 2011, 20:44 »
Which VW dealer do you work at?
MK6 2010 GTI, DSG, 3 door, Carbon grey, 17" Monza's, Sat nav, bluetooth