Author Topic: Glass Sealant Test  (Read 3369 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: Glass Sealant Test
« Reply #10 on: 15 April 2010, 23:33 »
Thats what I see people test most, is by squirting a lot of water on the screen and let it run off. Unfortunately for me, I bought into that and got Carlack68. In the real world, it doesnt rain like a hose pipe it rains in tiny little droplets when lightly raining and thats what sticks to this kind of 'sealant' at low speeds so you have to use wipers. Then they will smear and the wipers will shudder.

What is a perfect test is treat the screen as normal. Get a bottle with a fine mist spray head and spray water on the screen. Then sit back and watch it stick.  :wink: Then go for a drive in a built up area (where we spend most of our time driving) and watch it move slightly but not enough to clear your screen, then say oh fu*k as you ram the arse of white van man cause you cant see nothing.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #11 on: 15 April 2010, 23:55 »
Thats what I see people test most, is by squirting a lot of water on the screen and let it run off. Unfortunately for me, I bought into that and got Carlack68. In the real world, it doesnt rain like a hose pipe it rains in tiny little droplets when lightly raining and thats what sticks to this kind of 'sealant' at low speeds so you have to use wipers. Then they will smear and the wipers will shudder.

What is a perfect test is treat the screen as normal. Get a bottle with a fine mist spray head and spray water on the screen. Then sit back and watch it stick.  :wink: Then go for a drive in a built up area (where we spend most of our time driving) and watch it move slightly but not enough to clear your screen, then say oh fu*k as you ram the arse of white van man cause you cant see nothing.

hear what your saying kev but the shuddering blades is baffling me tbh, tying to think whats causing them to do that, theres something not right somewhere for def if they're doing that.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 16 April 2010, 00:13 »

hear what your saying kev but the shuddering blades is baffling me tbh, tying to think whats causing them to do that, theres something not right somewhere for def if they're doing that.

The only thing that I can think of in regards to the shuddering blades is that when there's no sealant on the screen and very little rain and you use the wipers on any car, sometimes they will shudder if the screen is a bit dry in places. But even with sealant on and with the screen wet it will still shudder a little, just a little nothing drastic but it does it all the same.  :sad:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #13 on: 16 April 2010, 17:52 »

The only thing that I can think of in regards to the shuddering blades is that when there's no sealant on the screen and very little rain and you use the wipers on any car, sometimes they will shudder if the screen is a bit dry in places. But even with sealant on and with the screen wet it will still shudder a little, just a little nothing drastic but it does it all the same.  :sad:
Buy some new ones you tight sod!! :rolleyes:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 16 April 2010, 18:11 »

Buy some new ones you tight sod!! :rolleyes:

:grin: they are prefectly fine without sh!tlack68 on my windscreen.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #15 on: 16 April 2010, 18:21 »
Kev are your wipers smearing? Your car's getting old now mate just get some new wipers. That Car lack is good mate no problems here. Its you thats the problem hahahaha :laugh:

Coz you aint done it right!! :cool:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 16 April 2010, 20:14 »
Kev are your wipers smearing? Your car's getting old now mate just get some new wipers. That Car lack is good mate no problems here. Its you thats the problem hahahaha :laugh:

It's cool I've borrowed some of your man lube and now they slide much smoother.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #17 on: 16 April 2010, 21:05 »

It's cool I've borrowed some of your man lube and now they slide much smoother.
:laugh: :laugh:!!