Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 379855 times)

Offline charlie

• I live here
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #2360 on: 25 October 2014, 18:04 »
A friend of mine hired an Alltrack a couple weeks ago, in a nice grey colour. Really handsome car. More so than the new new Passatt.
He really enjoyed using it for a few days but said it wasn't as economical as he'd hoped, or obviously not as nimble as a Golf but otherwise had nothing but praise for it.
on the test drive the conditions were wet and I booted it and i was surprised how nimble for a barge it was plus how hard I tried to wheel spin it wouldn't I was impressed with well I must of been I've brought it now so let's see how we get on  :smiley:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2361 on: 25 October 2014, 18:09 »
I does come as a bit of a shock when you fill it up from empty. I got £94 in mine when diesel was a lot more expensive than it is now, having been used to filling a Golf. You won't have to do it very often tho. 800 miles between fill ups for me.

Has the new car got any options on it?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2362 on: 25 October 2014, 18:35 »
I does come as a bit of a shock when you fill it up from empty. I got £94 in mine when diesel was a lot more expensive than it is now, having been used to filling a Golf. You won't have to do it very often tho. 800 miles between fill ups for me.

Has the new car got any options on it?
£94 to fill 800miles blimey that's good if I get near that I will be happy. Ye it's got heated screen nappa leather drop down towing eye I think that's it but standard they are pretty well specced
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2363 on: 25 October 2014, 18:44 »
Does it have those nice multi spoked alloys? I do like those.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2364 on: 25 October 2014, 18:54 »
Does it have those nice multi spoked alloys? I do like those.
ye it's got them brum brum  :grin:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2365 on: 25 October 2014, 20:36 »
Trade in seems ok.  Unfortunately mine'll have roughly triple your mileage by trade in time  :cry:

So.... Car colour?  Wheels...Anthracite or silver ? Come on charlie don't keep us guessing!!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2366 on: 25 October 2014, 20:53 »
£94 to fill 800miles blimey that's good if I get near that I will be happy. Ye it's got heated screen nappa leather drop down towing eye I think that's it but standard they are pretty well specced

it's even better than that now. It took £82 last fill up. You might struggle to get 800 miles from it, being heavier, taller and 4 wheel drive, but 700 miles should be doable.

The folding towbar is cool (if you tow)
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2367 on: 25 October 2014, 22:14 »
Trade in seems ok.  Unfortunately mine'll have roughly triple your mileage by trade in time  :cry:

So.... Car colour?  Wheels...Anthracite or silver ? Come on charlie don't keep us guessing!!
sorry booth it's iron grey metallic and has silver wheels. I've been looking for a bit now and that is the most I've been offered one garage offered me 15k. I had advertised it on the trader for 17250.Garages I think want to make 4k on every sale so when we chatted a bit about finance he said there isn't many that buy it's all lease deals maybe next time that will be the deal for me. But im keeping this one for a good few years  :whistle: fed up with lining vdubs pockets  :laugh:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2368 on: 25 October 2014, 22:51 »

sorry booth it's iron grey metallic and has silver wheels. I've been looking for a bit now and that is the most I've been offered one garage offered me 15k. I had advertised it on the trader for 17250.Garages I think want to make 4k on every sale so when we chatted a bit about finance he said there isn't many that buy it's all lease deals maybe next time that will be the deal for me. But im keeping this one for a good few years  :whistle: fed up with lining vdubs pockets  :laugh:

Great colour choice  :cool: and should be miles easier to keep looking clean than DBP.  Bet the nappa interior will look lovely.  Not keen on it on the R but partly cos the carbon bolsters looked a bit naff.  Anyway, will definitely need to see some pics.

£17k is pretty good then only a bit less than you were going for privately.  I'll most likely trade mine in and have done a few valuations based on expected mileage at 3 years old (CAP and Parkers) so we'll see what laughable prices the dealers conjure up.  Still, big discount, crap px, or, good px, average discount.  It's swings and roundabouts.  As long as it comes in around my acceptable budget it doesn't really matter how it's balanced.  I guess these lease deals are good but I like to actually 'own' my car so will be a minority outright buyer.  Still debating when to bite the bullet but realistically will probably hold off till March to order, then the long wait.....
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2369 on: 25 October 2014, 23:16 »

it's even better than that now. It took £82 last fill up. You might struggle to get 800 miles from it, being heavier, taller and 4 wheel drive, but 700 miles should be doable.

The folding towbar is cool (if you tow)
I shall be happy with 700 and I have to agree the folding towbar is cool  :cool: