Author Topic: So then, what car are you buying next?  (Read 379908 times)

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
Re: So then, what car are you buying next?
« Reply #1760 on: 11 March 2013, 12:07 »
Deposit paid on a mk7 GTI to secure a september collection! :tongue:

Many congrat's Jimble and a great choice. What spec did you go for?

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline wyliecoyote

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1761 on: 11 March 2013, 12:41 »

My next door neighbour has just bought a 13 plate A200 and it really is not nice on the eye in my opinion it looks like a cheap jap hatchback from the rear looking like it is trying too hard. Sorry each to their own and all that.

I kind of agree - I'm not entirely convince about the looks. The bonnet is too long (in typical Merc style) and the back looks like it was finished without a lot of thought. I've also never owned a car with more than 3 doors (in 17 years of driving), so the thought if having 5 freaks me out too!

I'm not buying it for the looks though! It's going to have supercar performance from a 2.0 engine!

Congrats p3eps, this is top of my list as well but think I'm gonna wait for a couple of reviews first as the criticism of the standard car's suspension does concern me even though AMG has modified it. Saw a standard A class and I think it's one of those cars that needs the right colour choice - the one I saw was in red and it did nothing for the car at all... :whistle:

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1762 on: 11 March 2013, 13:08 »

Many congrat's Jimble and a great choice. What spec did you go for?

Thanks Martin, no spec yet mate as the it's not released till around the 26th of this month, i've just paid a deposit so i've got a guaranteed allocation, i've got an idea of what i want but will have to see what i can afford although i've had a decent trade in valuation imo so fingers crossed! :nerd:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #1763 on: 11 March 2013, 13:26 »

Congrats p3eps, this is top of my list as well but think I'm gonna wait for a couple of reviews first as the criticism of the standard car's suspension does concern me even though AMG has modified it. Saw a standard A class and I think it's one of those cars that needs the right colour choice - the one I saw was in red and it did nothing for the car at all... :whistle:

The demonstrator I had on Saturday was red too, which did it no favours.
The white one at the Geneva show at the moment looks totally different.  I'm undecided by the roof spoiler A bit Halfords, but then it makes the rear look less unfinished!
I saw an A250 in the Mercedes shop in Salzburg a couple of weekends ago - it was the 'styled by AMG' model and looked pretty decent too.

To be honest, I found the suspension in the A200 less harsh than my R... and it had Run Flat tyres - which usually make the ride seem harder. 

I'm not commited in any way with my deposit, so I can still pull the plug if there's something I don't like. Hopefully there will be some reviews out before the UK ordering opens!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline wyliecoyote

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1764 on: 11 March 2013, 13:35 »

The demonstrator I had on Saturday was red too, which did it no favours.
The white one at the Geneva show at the moment looks totally different.  I'm undecided by the roof spoiler A bit Halfords, but then it makes the rear look less unfinished!
I saw an A250 in the Mercedes shop in Salzburg a couple of weekends ago - it was the 'styled by AMG' model and looked pretty decent too.

To be honest, I found the suspension in the A200 less harsh than my R... and it had Run Flat tyres - which usually make the ride seem harder. 

I'm not commited in any way with my deposit, so I can still pull the plug if there's something I don't like. Hopefully there will be some reviews out before the UK ordering opens!

Have you seen the white one in the AMG trailers on Youtube? It's standard with black wheels, wouldn't have considered that combo but it looks great! :drool:
Thought you had an R, interesting comment on the A class being less harsh as I don't find the R too bad in comfort or normal....

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1765 on: 11 March 2013, 13:41 »

:cool: have you chosen spec yet James?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #1766 on: 11 March 2013, 15:23 »

I've got an idea of what i'd like but until the specs are released i'm not 100% sure, i know it'll be a 5 door and it'll be DSG this time instead of manual but thats it as yet, i don't even know what colour i want yet! :rolleyes:

I'd like xenons, sat nav and cruise plus a few other bits but will have to see what's standard first! :undecided:

I know what i'll be doing on the 26th of this month though!!!! :tongue:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #1767 on: 11 March 2013, 17:04 »
^^ that sounds pretty muich like my wish list

MUST haves this time would be Xenons and DSG. Apart from that I have a "Would like" list as long as my arm but unfortunately buigger than my wallet!

I'm thinking Carbon Grey as my preferred colour but I like the white ones in the promo videos  :undecided:

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #1768 on: 11 March 2013, 18:08 »
Have you seen the white one in the AMG trailers on Youtube? It's standard with black wheels, wouldn't have considered that combo but it looks great! :drool:
Thought you had an R, interesting comment on the A class being less harsh as I don't find the R too bad in comfort or normal....

White with black wheels was my original spec for my Golf R, but I changed it to silver with black wheels for practicality reasons.  Sliver tends to look cleaner than anything else - even when dirty.  At the time I lived in a flat, and had to travel to my parents house if I wanted to wash it properly!  Now I have my own driveway and garage - so can spend as much time cleaning as I like!  Having said that - I'd probably stay away from white now after living with tar spots and stone chips on a silver car!

I don't think the Golf R is particularly harsh either - even in Sport.  It's only occasions like yesterday - where I had to pick up my grandparents and brother in-law (4 people in the car) that I feel the ride is harsh.  I definitely feel the difference between my 18" winter wheels and my 19" Talledegas... although I live with the 19's cause they look much better!  I guess the quality of road makes a big difference too. 
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #1769 on: 11 March 2013, 18:08 »

I've got an idea of what i'd like but until the specs are released i'm not 100% sure, i know it'll be a 5 door and it'll be DSG this time instead of manual but thats it as yet, i don't even know what colour i want yet! :rolleyes:

I'd like xenons, sat nav and cruise plus a few other bits but will have to see what's standard first! :undecided:

I know what i'll be doing on the 26th of this month though!!!! :tongue:

:cool: All the options listed above sound good to me, Xenons with drl wud be a must next time round if it was me, I've kicked myself far to much to not tick that box again...look forward to the end of the month for the spec reveal...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather