Author Topic: DSG woe update  (Read 15977 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
DSG woe update
« on: 02 August 2008, 00:15 »
Well chaps,

JBS have scoured the land, high and low, over fields and oceans and come up with...

Nada
Zip
Nil
Zero
F All
Zero
Nothing

No-one at all at this moment in time has a Clutchpack or uprated plates to fit the DSG box. I'm absolutely distraught :cry:. P!ssed off doesn't even come close.

I'd thought I was onto a winner with the HGP upgrade, but appears to have evapourated into the ether and even the Volkswagen racing pack isn't openly available at the moment. Credit to JBS, they have done a lot of legwork as they wanted to do the work.

If anyone out there knows of a definite upgrade...please let me know.

I'm stuck with a car that should be getting over 340bhp and 13 second 1/4 miles that is now stuck at 300bhp and 300lbft (I suppose it could be worse!!)

There is no point in RR's, 1/4's, LSD upgrade etc as I know its limits and can't stretch them like I wanted to. The car performs fine at the level it is stuck at - no clutch slip, but it just isn't the same as it was when I first had the upgrade :sad: :sad: :sad:

I feel a little like Vtec.......don't really want much to do with the car at the moment and feel like it is slightly tarnished in some way. I even went out in it earlier to have a good blast, but even that left me a little hollow inside. :cry:

To try and cheer myself up a bit, it is booked in (finally) for the Eibach coilovers fitting and so hopefully I'll get something from that instead.

looking through a few catalogues now at new cars to brighten myself up a little :rolleyes:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
Re: DSG woe update
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2008, 00:22 »
Cheer up Hurdy you have come along way getting your car where it is at the mo mate!
I've been impressed with your motor from day one when you just got it.
I'm sure with time bud the mods and parts will start to flood the market and hey rather you be the pioneer of different thinking than the usual bought quick car non?

I remeber my triptronic needed a flash and no one could sort the kick up and kick down becuase it hadn't been done before to take the mods, but got there in the end when Audi started to remapp stuff REVO back then were scratching there heads just another mild stone keep the faith mate! :cool:

Jay

Offline gazbutmk5gti

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2008, 00:24 »
The coilovers will help put the power down, less weight transfer when you launch :evil:
Revo stg2+ & lots more

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
« Reply #3 on: 02 August 2008, 01:14 »
Cheer up Hurdy, you've got an awesome car and have done loads to it. I'm sure we all go through that flat phase when it just doesn't do anything for you.
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 02 August 2008, 07:54 »
Could always replace with a good 'ol manual gear box :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Only joking of course hurdy! Hope you get it sorted soon mate. But to be honest your car goes like stink anyway... is the dsg really hindering performance that much?? You seem to get down as much power as the front wheels can handle anyway, a blessing in disguise i would say :smiley:

Offline Greenouse

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 02 August 2008, 08:19 »
Mate, your face will live with me forever when they told you it was the DSG, I heard the cash tills ringing from there  :laugh: At least the car is MORE than liveable with until a solution arises! Keep the faith  :wink:

Offline Vtec Abuser

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 02 August 2008, 12:02 »
I feel your pain mate...  :cry:

Candy White Ed30 3dr DSG, Nav, Bi-Xenons, Armrest, MFSW...

Offline bacillus

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 02 August 2008, 12:13 »
hmm, I thought HPA in Germany was working on updated clutches for their R32 turbo.
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline RedRobin

• Forum addict
  • BIALI Motorsport - Chief Horn Blower!
« Reply #8 on: 02 August 2008, 14:14 »
I'm stuck with a car that should be getting over 340bhp and 13 second 1/4 miles that is now stuck at 300bhp and 300lbft (I suppose it could be worse!!)

....It could be a lot worse! What's the standard version of your car? 230 bhp? - You've done very well to take it this far to date. Patience and be grateful for what you've got rather than what you haven't. Upgraded clutches will become available in due course.

So, you reckon upgrading the suspension to coilovers may help a bit. What about the Quaife? - It definitely should help traction a wee bit.

Think Positive.
:cool: FACEFOOK: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50?ref=tn_tnmn

Throbbin' Red VeeDub GTI Mk5 - DSG, Custom Milltek TBE, Forge Twintake, KW-V3 + Eibach ARBs, AP Racing BigBrake kit, Quaife ATB diff, Revo2

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 02 August 2008, 14:24 »
hmm, I thought HPA in Germany was working on updated clutches for their R32 turbo.

HGP and HPA have been working in conjunction to produce a clutchpack - but it still isn't out yet :sad:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG