Author Topic: New GTI order PCP / final payment / guaranteed value query  (Read 2093 times)

Offline jassi14

• Not said much yet
Hi guys,

New to the forum, I am looking to place a order for a new GTI 5 door GTI.
Options will be - White, normal nav, rev camera, park assist, rear airbags.
Undecided on the performance pack.

I have been getting quotes on various broker sites and have had 2 different finance deals over the same period (48m) on carwow.

My understanding was the final payment was set across VW but I have two contrasting figures?

Can anybody with this knowledge or anybody who has placed a similar deal help me out at all?

Thanks
Jas

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
The GFV is set by the finance company and should be the same provided the car variant, mileage and agreement duration are the same. The dealer cannot change the figure.

PS: they do review the GFV figures from time to time although the current trend seems to be downwards - this has the effect of raising your monthly payments but theoretically increasing the probability of equity at the end of the agreement.

'Monkeyhanger' is the forum expert on this subject.
« Last Edit: 15 March 2015, 11:55 by Mark V GTD »

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Welcome! And a sensible choice of spec there.
I find the bigger brakes of the PP well worthwhile. I'm not sure on the value of the VAQ diff in day to day driving but I never get any wheel scrabbling on tight bends or fast roundabouts so I guess it just discretely does its thing.

I wonder if one of your quotes allows for PP and one for a standard GTI hence the different terminal figure?
The PP is treated as a different model rather than an option pack.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict

I wonder if one of your quotes allows for PP and one for a standard GTI hence the different terminal figure?
The PP is treated as a different model rather than an option pack.

I'd expect that to be the reason - the PP depreciates like the rest of the car rather than as an option you'll seeperhaps 20% back on if you're lucky. The PP should have a GFV of around £500 more as a result (although I don't think the VW website finance calculator treats it that way any more).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
I also thought the GFV figure couldn't be altered but I know from hanging about the Audi forum for a while with my previous car that Audi would frequently change the GFV figures for customers.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
I also thought the GFV figure couldn't be altered but I know from hanging about the Audi forum for a while with my previous car that Audi would frequently change the GFV figures for customers.

For simplicity (I assume), the GFV you get on the finance calculator on the website doesn't give you any consideration for your options. The GFV you'll get on a personal quote at the dealership will have considered your options. Not sure if VW have any discretion on the underlying figure, but Audi definitely have - they can adjust by up to 5%, which can be handy (for them) to shave off the odd £10-20 a month for someone who is on the verse of signing on the dotted line but can't quite stretch. Audi GFVs generally seem a little low though, perhaps this is to give you more "equity" against another. Perhaps VW are heading down this route as they keep chopping GFVs? Less risk on their part if the car industry takes a hammering 2 or 3 years down the line, and a bigger equity hook for getting repeat business if the car market stays buoyant.

Could just be salesman bollocks to appease me, buy after expressing concern the R's GFVs had dipped £3000, my salesman said you'll see that in equity, whereas the people who got in on the higher GFV would see probably no equity. Most likely it is bollocks, but there seems a little logic in doing it.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.