Author Topic: Golf R Line  (Read 23358 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Golf R Line
« on: 14 February 2015, 13:55 »
I saw this in VW Driver mag this morning and really like the look of it. It's based on a GT with added R Line styling. Dare I say I think it's the better looking than the GTI/D and .:R.

I'll find some pictures to post later on unless someone beats me to it.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Golf R Line
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2015, 14:25 »
I saw that too (my copy came today).  Looks a very nice car, like the alloys (even if they are diamond cuts).

Your next car perhaps?

Course it's just an R wannabe ; )

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 14 February 2015, 14:34 »
Just had a quick look on the vw website, looks pretty smart tbh, the only thing i find a bit disappointing is the wheels having no options, not a fan of the standard wheels but the standard interior looks decent, seems like the same colours as the R but the other way round? Much better imo.

I really like the 150ps diesel engine as well cos it's a great all rounder imo, enough shove for the average joe, very economical and nicely refined. :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 14 February 2015, 16:00 »
I saw this in VW Driver mag this morning and really like the look of it. It's based on a GT with added R Line styling. Dare I say I think it's the better looking than the GTI/D and .:R.

I'll find some pictures to post later on unless someone beats me to it.

All show and no go  :grin: :grin:

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 14 February 2015, 17:22 »
problem is, spec a DSG TDI with 3 nice options + metallic and its £30k.. ouch, whatever way you look at it thats a hell of a price for a run of the mill tdi golf..
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 14 February 2015, 17:28 »
And personally I think the Mk6 TDI GT with the 17 inch alloys or optional 18 inchers looks like a much nicer car, and you can pick up a TDI DSG with leather for easily £15k

Just had a look on their used cars website and there is a 17k mile 62 plate 140 TDi DSG sport with leather for £15k, why pay double ??
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 14 February 2015, 17:31 »
Yeah, I don't really see the point of it price wise. Just add xenon/drl's, and the diesel is only £100 less than a GTD!! That's before you compare any other differences in spec also.

I didn't check the gtv figure but I expect it's not as good either, meaning its more expensive on VW finance.

It's like it's literally a car for buyers who wouldn't buy a GTD or GTI because they don't want a "sporty car".

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 14 February 2015, 17:47 »
VAG are experts at this value added up pricing spec bo**ocks..

Even excluding the GTi, GTD and R they have -

S
SE
MATCH
GT
R Line

what next ?

R Line Plus
R Line Black & Silver Edition Sport + Extra

Audi did it with the S line, Black editions etc... personally I think it just dilutes the top end models, imagine someone with a nice Golf R, and then you have someone with a 1.4 or diesel R line in your mirror that has the same R badge in the front grill, would nark me tbh..

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 14 February 2015, 18:20 »
Imagine someone with a nice Golf R, and then you have someone with a 1.4 or diesel R line in your mirror that has the same R badge in the front grill, would nark me tbh..
Yes, but they won't be in your mirror for long :D

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 14 February 2015, 18:47 »

It's like it's literally a car for buyers who wouldn't buy a GTD or GTI because they don't want a "sporty car".

This sums it up.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11