Author Topic: 31 Weeks lead time for an R  (Read 47215 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: 31 Weeks lead time for an R
« Reply #20 on: 11 November 2014, 17:53 »

My thoughts on Dynaudio. I have had it on both my last two cars. Scirocco & GTI and it will be the first box ticked on the next one.After a test drive of an R last Saturday with the standard set up, at least the Dynaudio  will have the B***s to rise above the rather vocal nature of the car if it all becomes a bit much which is imho more than the standard version did  :smiley:
We are all different and it makes for a good debate!!

Maybe some are trying hard to convince themselves that Dynaudio's a waste of money :wink:  :whistle:

It's down to personal preference obviously but for me Dynaudio is ia must have option, hence waiting for it to become available on the R.  In any case, as I seem to spend an ever increasing amount of time sat in the car waiting around for people, at least I can enjoy a decent sound system while I do.  I'm sure if you crank up the volume it will hold its own against the sound of the car on the move.

As for keyless, I guess you don't know till you try it, so will give it a shot this time round.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 11 November 2014, 21:14 »

My thoughts on Dynaudio. I have had it on both my last two cars. Scirocco & GTI and it will be the first box ticked on the next one.After a test drive of an R last Saturday with the standard set up, at least the Dynaudio  will have the B***s to rise above the rather vocal nature of the car if it all becomes a bit much which is imho more than the standard version did  :smiley:
We are all different and it makes for a good debate!!

Maybe some are trying hard to convince themselves that Dynaudio's a waste of money :wink:  :whistle:

It's down to personal preference obviously but for me Dynaudio is ia must have option, hence waiting for it to become available on the R.  In any case, as I seem to spend an ever increasing amount of time sat in the car waiting around for people, at least I can enjoy a decent sound system while I do.  I'm sure if you crank up the volume it will hold its own against the sound of the car on the move.

As for keyless, I guess you don't know till you try it, so will give it a shot this time round.

I had Dynaudio in my ED35 and was really pleased with it and is one of the options I liked the most but was disappointed not to have available in the R. However what I can say is that since having the R I have not really missed the Dynaudio as mush as I thought I would as the std system in the MK7 isn't bad at all (it's no Dynaudio though), but for me it's not a deal breaker.

The R in race mode is loud but in a really good way and while I like to listen to the engine in Race mode I don't have music on. Also if you are cruising in race mode it's quieter than my ED35 as MK7 is quieter and more refined plus if you want to listen to music and hear it just put the R in to Normal or Eco and sit back and enjoy the music.

I understand why you would want Dynaudio especially if you are in the car a lot and you enjoy music.

I have also gone for Keyless and I really like this option works very well and love the push button start
« Last Edit: 11 November 2014, 21:16 by Edi35 »
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 11 November 2014, 21:23 »
not missed dynaudio, had it on the last two cars and in reality it just highlighted the poor quality of mp3 and irrelevant when i upgraded the zorsts

lead in times are long, wife ordered first week of july and she is looking at bw 49

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 11 November 2014, 21:32 »
not missed dynaudio, had it on the last two cars and in reality it just highlighted the poor quality of mp3 and irrelevant when i upgraded the zorsts

lead in times are long, wife ordered first week of july and she is looking at bw 49

Ah, well not long for her to wait now at least.  Pop some pics up when she gets it  :smiley:

Will find out this week what the estimated wait is, doesn't really matter tbh.

...still want Dynaudio  :tongue:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 11 November 2014, 21:43 »

I had Dynaudio in my ED35 and was really pleased with it and is one of the options I liked the most but was disappointed not to have available in the R. However what I can say is that since having the R I have not really missed the Dynaudio as mush as I thought I would as the std system in the MK7 isn't bad at all (it's no Dynaudio though), but for me it's not a deal breaker.

The R in race mode is loud but in a really good way and while I like to listen to the engine in Race mode I don't have music on. Also if you are cruising in race mode it's quieter than my ED35 as MK7 is quieter and more refined plus if you want to listen to music and hear it just put the R in to Normal or Eco and sit back and enjoy the music.

I understand why you would want Dynaudio especially if you are in the car a lot and you enjoy music.

I have also gone for Keyless and I really like this option works very well and love the push button start

Useful feedback, thanks.  Not sure if Eco mode will get much use.    Keyless, maybe a bit of a novelty, but why not!

Early days, but how are you finding the R?  Must have been sad to say goodbye to that gorgeous Ed35  :sad:

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 11 November 2014, 21:44 »
i think it will be january and will be farmed off for a detail, looking forward to having a night blue as a bit more under the radar, the black ones are a bit too discreet, better order her he spare winter wheels which will look better than the cadiz

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 11 November 2014, 21:50 »
i think it will be january and will be farmed off for a detail, looking forward to having a night blue as a bit more under the radar, the black ones are a bit too discreet, better order her he spare winter wheels which will look better than the cadiz

Night blue should be lovely, classy.  I, however am a sucker for a black stealth car, and creature of habit, last 4 cars have been black, roll on number 5.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 11 November 2014, 21:56 »
ironically we will have ended up with three blue cars

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 11 November 2014, 21:57 »
ironically we will have ended up with three blue cars

Ah, yes, how is the little Polo?
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 11 November 2014, 22:10 »
great daily hack, mrs w has been using it since the Pirelli went, just wish it had dsg and nav after the R and struggling with what to replace it with