Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2811110 times)

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9810 on: 31 December 2019, 08:22 »
I think we have crossed wires, I get the aktuator and Dynaudio are separate, what I meant is that with fake engine sound making the cabin noisier than it otherwise would be, it will be adding unwanted background noise to the quality of the stereo. ie Dynaudio will sounds even better with no aktuator. Maybe?

Ah sorry I get what you’re saying. I think it’s marginal but any unwanted noise in the cabin is better to be removed so in that regard it is beneficial to not have the soundaktor active and to enjoy the Dynaudio properly.

Offline Marv

• Just got here
« Reply #9811 on: 31 December 2019, 22:34 »
Glad to see this conversation taking place as I recently have adjusted my soundaktor, and when I say adjusted I mean set engine noise to eco mode, and I've noticed a big difference in the noise, which is much better as I can now hear my exhaust, which I did think was really quiet but now I actually quite like it.
I have a question though, does eco mode completely remove the soundaktor noise or should I just unplug it fully and just tape up the connections?. I'm new here by the way, and I never had soundaktors on my mk2's haha.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9812 on: 01 January 2020, 09:09 »
Glad to see this conversation taking place as I recently have adjusted my soundaktor, and when I say adjusted I mean set engine noise to eco mode, and I've noticed a big difference in the noise, which is much better as I can now hear my exhaust, which I did think was really quiet but now I actually quite like it.
I have a question though, does eco mode completely remove the soundaktor noise or should I just unplug it fully and just tape up the connections?. I'm new here by the way, and I never had soundaktors on my mk2's haha.

Best way to disable it is through OBDeleven. Once you turn it off completely you'll hear the exhaust even more.

Offline Marv

• Just got here
« Reply #9813 on: 01 January 2020, 14:31 »
I'd heard that, I might consider doing it. I'm assuming even at eco sound level there is still a certain amount of noise coming from the soundaktor?. I couldn't believe the difference it made, and I much prefer it this way.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9814 on: 01 January 2020, 15:24 »
In Eco it’s muted almost if not entirely completely. Plenty enough reduction for me not to bother digging out my VCDS cable to switch it off completely.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9815 on: 01 January 2020, 16:01 »
Took my car out today for a chilly wander around Brooklands Museum - https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/ which I can thoroughly recommend. Lots of classics out and about today! Parked next to a very smart grey TCR so had a chance to show the OH around it and she approved. The grey is growing on me and looks so much better in the metal although TR will always be my favourite colour :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Marv

• Just got here
« Reply #9816 on: 01 January 2020, 18:37 »
Took my car out today for a chilly wander around Brooklands Museum - https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/ which I can thoroughly recommend. Lots of classics out and about today! Parked next to a very smart grey TCR so had a chance to show the OH around it and she approved. The grey is growing on me and looks so much better in the metal although TR will always be my favourite colour :smiley:

Seen a white TCR in Cupar yesterday, absolutely love them

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #9817 on: 01 January 2020, 18:56 »

My mrs would, and I quote, ‘rather boil my head’ than even look at a photo of a car, yet alone physically look at one or visit a motoring museum.   :undecided:
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9818 on: 01 January 2020, 19:56 »

My mrs would, and I quote, ‘rather boil my head’ than even look at a photo of a car, yet alone physically look at one or visit a motoring museum.   :undecided:

Mine will tolerate a bit of a chat on motoring related matters but she loves history of which there's plenty at Brooklands. She even likes the smell of old oily machinery! She's an author of novels involving various periods in history so likes to do research and get immersed in objects for inspiration.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #9819 on: 03 January 2020, 16:29 »
Bought a Carista to make the aktuator, headlight washer and stop/start coding mods. Tried it today - wouldn’t pair with my iPhone, just kept saying Bluetooth was turned off (it wasn’t). Tested in the wife’s Polo with her phone too. Same thing. According to the website if it has no blue LED on it, Bluetooth isn’t working. The blue LED flickers once on plugging it in to the port then goes off. That’s that buggered then. Returned to Amazon and ordered another (because it’ll be quicker than messing around with a warranty replacement).

Yeah I know ODB11 is better anyway, but it’ll do what I need it to do and only costs £15.99 instead of £50+ for ODB11. I’ll probably only use it The once too, so not bothered about having to subscribe. I’ll make my changes within the one month trial. If the damn thing works. Now awaiting replacement. 
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.