Author Topic: mixedupste - black 16v  (Read 9705 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
mixedupste - black 16v
« on: 05 March 2009, 17:20 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline mixedupste

• Not said much yet
  • I hate bus wayne kerrs!
Re: mixedupste - Mauve 16v
« Reply #1 on: 06 March 2009, 19:52 »
Thanks for setting that up JV.

Well after having my car stolen in December this is now project number 2.

Came across this on ebay for £900 with 127,000miles and a full years ticket, only a couple of miles away from my house so thought i'll take a look. Ended up buying it for £800. Couple of things needed sorting, small dent in wing and a trim missing. Thought i would be able to put my touch on it.

Heres what it looked like when i bought it

Interior has been sat in a lot!

First purchase was a new head unit as the facia was missing from the one in the car. £110 from halfords and fitted free so all good

It was originally from Northern Ireland so went to DVLA and was given an age related plate (only came out as my dads initials!!)

Car had hella quads when i bought it and abt front grill, M3 mirrors, lowering springs, sebring exhaust and 17" team dynamic alloys.

Decided to keep the quads and change the grill. Sprayed it all myself in the loft. Also replace those shocking mirrors, bought original mirrors for £24! bargain! so sprayed them too.

Replaced the alloys wth some 17" Dotz Radiums £400 with tyres so cheep as chips
Also replaced the fog lights as the originals where slightly damaged and had a lense missing so bought some smoked fogs from germany for £40 and this is how the car looks lke now in everyday use.

Offline mixedupste

• Not said much yet
Re: mixedupste - black 16v
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2009, 11:10 »
well, after a lot of looking round i now my induction kit which i bought off ebay for £26 so all good. Had to to a bit of "bodging" on it like running a cold air feed up to the filter and fit a breather filter.

Colour restored the car at the weekend aswell but got a bit miffed when

Not sure what is going to happen next with Golf as we have a lack of funds as usual, but won a little bet with a few friends so i have £50 spare, not much but just not sure what to do. maybe get the arches rolled as i'm sick of the rubbing!
Will post pics of filter shortly!

Offline mixedupste

• Not said much yet
Re: mixedupste - black 16v
« Reply #3 on: 08 August 2009, 08:48 »
right well i got bored and was taking the car to york raceway to take it on the 1/4 mile so i did this

Cant believe how quick it is with out all my crap in it lol