Author Topic: (Another) Newbie...ED35 finally here!  (Read 22830 times)

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
Re: (Another) Newbie...ED35 finally here!
« Reply #100 on: 16 July 2012, 13:24 »
It's here!!! It's amazing, I love it, although I've only driven 8 miles home via the filling station (brimmed with Super courtesy of the dealer  :grin: )

Serious note, after the butterflies a couple of weeks ago just the drive home has reassured me spending this much on this car was the right choice, it's brilliant. Picture shortly...!
Carbon Grey Edition 35, DSG, ACC, Cruise Control, Luxury Pack, RCD 510, TPMS

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #101 on: 16 July 2012, 13:55 »
It's here!!! It's amazing, I love it, although I've only driven 8 miles home via the filling station (brimmed with Super courtesy of the dealer  :grin: )

Serious note, after the butterflies a couple of weeks ago just the drive home has reassured me spending this much on this car was the right choice, it's brilliant. Picture shortly...!

Good to hear Dave, looking forward to the pic fest.... :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #102 on: 16 July 2012, 18:54 »
good stuff, always good to know you've made the right choice, absolutely love mine but not getting much use as using the 500 for commute into london at moment, might dust it off later in the week

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #103 on: 16 July 2012, 21:59 »
Yay  :laugh: It's here at last

Look forward to hearing more...

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #104 on: 17 July 2012, 06:12 »
Nice one, glad ya loving it! Look forward to the pics.

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
« Reply #105 on: 17 July 2012, 08:13 »
Big Dave, glad you have your car and you are so pleased with it, I hope you have many miles of fun, I certainly am. Pics please?
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #106 on: 17 July 2012, 11:10 »
Sorry to bore people who have seen these countless times, but I'm proud of it  :laugh:

I think it looks fantastic...it turns heads everywhere! And even though I haven't been over about 3k revs it sounds brilliant.

Also, little things make you feel you're in a car that someone has cared about when it's been designed, the carpet in the door pockets, the neat little shelf in the glove box for the handbook, the bottle opener that holds your drinks in place, the magnetised flap on the leather handbook cover, the feel and look of the steering wheel, gas strut under the bonnet (a friend's Scirroco R just has the flimsy metal hook), the feel of the materials, the look of the dials, red calipers, the fact at 6-foot-8 I can get comfortable........I could go on!

I know some people have said on here that it's not up to the quality VW make out by charging so much, but first impressions are totally bang on.

Either way, I'm totally sold  :grin: Thanks for showing so much interest guys too...the Mk6 has been around a while and would have understood if no-one could be arsed with someone else coming along with one!

Going for VentureShielding tomorrow, pics of the job afterwards for those interested.

Offline Markey1234

• Not said much yet
« Reply #107 on: 17 July 2012, 13:36 »
Excellent mate. Looks awesome!! :smiley: glad youre in no way disappointed with it.

You're words are making my wait for mine even harder!!! Haha

Ps, you can edit your tag at the bottom now from "ordered" to "in possession"  :wink:
2012 Golf GTD 5dr in Carbon Grey. DSG. 18" Charleston Shadow's. RCD510 with Dynaudio sound pack. Cruise control & luxury pack.

Offline Edi35

• Here all the time
« Reply #108 on: 17 July 2012, 14:06 »
Yes I agree awesome! How could we possibly get bored of looking at a carbon grey ED35 it is  :cool: I also agree with your comments and have no complaints about the quality of the MK6's I have had. Don't sPend too much time looking at it and get out there and drive it as much as possible  :smiley: I wouldn't worry about driving it below 3k these need to driven normally out of the showroom but take care of the brakes for the first few hundred miles.
Current: GTI Edition 35 Candy White 5dr DSG 19" Glendale, RCD510+DAB, Dynaudio, Storage Pack, Parking Sensors

Gone: Edition 35, GTI Mk6, Edition 30, GTI Mk4, GTI Mk3, GTI Mk2 and my favourite the UR quattro
For those that dont know DSG is an electronically controlled dual-clutch multiple-shaft manual gearbox

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #109 on: 17 July 2012, 14:14 »
Thanks for the signature reminder Markey! It really is worth the wait...yours shouldn't be a million miles away now I'm guessing?!

Certainly am doing Edi35 (driving), was only being steady for the first 100 miles, will start adding more load now...it sounds glorious. :evil: