Author Topic: (Another) Newbie...ED35 finally here!  (Read 22842 times)

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
Re: (Another) Newbie just ordered...It's on the boat!
« Reply #80 on: 22 June 2012, 11:01 »
I reckon it's VW's Market Machine Gun, I reckon they continue to drip feed all markets but move round each market to have a push on it. Would make sense to say build enough for a big boat to the states, southern hemisphere etc...

And it's just The Gun's pointing at europe this month.

Either that or they over ordered on Carbon Grey paint....  :laugh:
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline mwad gti

• Here all the time
« Reply #81 on: 26 June 2012, 15:39 »
Just got a phonecall today from VW - mine is at the port in Germany  :smiley:
Candy White 3 dr Manual 2012 GTi. Bought new.
DAB, Dynaudio, Kenwood Head Unit Upgrade, Private Plate,
Full Leather and Heated Seats
18" Shadow Monzas, luxury pack.
Colour coded side skirts and gloss black diffuser.

Offline hyams83

• Just got here
« Reply #82 on: 26 June 2012, 15:50 »
Join the club, had an e-mail yesterday to say mine is sitting at Emden. I guess another 3/4 weeks till I actually take ownership which is likely to feel like an eternity !
CURRENT CAR - Golf GTI MkV Edition 30 5DR BLACK MANUAL
PREVIOUS CAR - Honda Accord Type R MILANO RED MANUAL

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #83 on: 26 June 2012, 15:55 »
They're all coming at once! Apparently mine's at Grimsby now, delivery hopefully early next week, and I'm away on business for 12 out of the next 14 days from Monday!!  :cry:
Carbon Grey Edition 35, DSG, ACC, Cruise Control, Luxury Pack, RCD 510, TPMS

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #84 on: 26 June 2012, 22:36 »
They're all coming at once! Apparently mine's at Grimsby now, delivery hopefully early next week, and I'm away on business for 12 out of the next 14 days from Monday!!  :cry:

Ah Grimsby, that's where Scott's docked...now expect your car to be at the dealers in the next 3-5 days, I found the transport company were quite quick but mine was from Sheerness, can't remember how long Scott's took but if I remember correctly his was at his dealers a day or 2 before mine...

The end is insight mate, happy days!
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #85 on: 27 June 2012, 15:43 »
Got a phone call today from the dealer that suggests it will be next Thursday  :grin:

And I've got out of working away that weekend so I can now play with my new toy!  :grin:

However, the dealer asked if I could pay for the car on Friday so he can meet his sales targets, so I'm going to re-negotiate on a tank of fuel if that's the case.

Offline sundaydriver

• I live here
« Reply #86 on: 27 June 2012, 16:20 »
Got a phone call today from the dealer that suggests it will be next Thursday  :grin:

And I've got out of working away that weekend so I can now play with my new toy!  :grin:

However, the dealer asked if I could pay for the car on Friday so he can meet his sales targets, so I'm going to re-negotiate on a tank of fuel if that's the case.

I'm not sure I'd pay for a car in full until I'd actually received and checked it over.

2012 Golf R, APR STAGE 2+, BCS power valve TB exhaust, loba HPFP, evoms intake, Rising blue, 19" Talladegas -BMW M2

Offline ScottA

• I live here
« Reply #87 on: 27 June 2012, 16:36 »

I'm not sure I'd pay for a car in full until I'd actually received and checked it over.

Good point!

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #88 on: 27 June 2012, 16:39 »
That is my initial thought - I'm not so keen. However, I need to go down anyway to give them my private plate retention document, so will talk to him about it then.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #89 on: 04 July 2012, 23:19 »
That sounds like a right pain in the A hole, Dave esp as you've done them a massive favour by paying now to help there figures, the vouchers sound cool tho...

Just hope it can be sorted out satisfactory, but of course NAME AND SAME AWAY if it doesnt.. :wink:

Cough Cough FREE FUEL Cough Cough!!!! :wink:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather