Author Topic: (Another) Newbie...ED35 finally here!  (Read 22838 times)

Offline sundaydriver

• I live here
Re: (Another) Newbie just ordered!
« Reply #70 on: 25 May 2012, 21:11 »
A big thumb's up for the Goodyears from me, i've got assymetric 1's on the CK's and just bought assymetric 2's for the talladega's.

Before that i've had Dunlop sport's(Crap), Bridgestone potenza's(Not bad) and Conti's(quite good) on a MK6 but find the Goodyear assymetric's the best IMO.

2012 Golf R, APR STAGE 2+, BCS power valve TB exhaust, loba HPFP, evoms intake, Rising blue, 19" Talladegas -BMW M2

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #71 on: 13 June 2012, 19:39 »
So the dealer rang me today whilst I was at work. The salesman's been on holiday for 3 weeks. After ordering ok the 14th May, he tells me the car is being built 'as we speak', and the estimated delivery date is 'end of June/1st week of July'  :grin: unbelievabley happy! If its delivered 1st week of July that's 7 weeks from ordering   :laugh: (sorry to run it in for people who waited 6+months!)
Carbon Grey Edition 35, DSG, ACC, Cruise Control, Luxury Pack, RCD 510, TPMS

Offline MK6-Fan

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #72 on: 13 June 2012, 20:43 »
Wow, that's quite a good chunk of time you've 'skipped' waiting for your new car!  :sick:  :grin:

Did the dealer actually say to you when you ordered that it would be 5 months from date of order for the car?

How come it's suddenly being built & much earlier than anticipated?

I'd be Interested to know the current build dates at the moment for most trims, especially the 'Match'.
2012 Golf MK6 Match 3dr|1.4 TSI 122PS|Manual|Solid Black|MFSW|RCD510|

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #73 on: 13 June 2012, 22:19 »
He said that he occassionally heres of cars coming in realtively short time, but VW's own guidance on the day said '15 weeks for GTI variants, extended further for DSG models.'

Maybe they've given me a manual............!   :angry:

Not sure why it's so much earlier, my guess would be that now that rumours for the Mk7 are getting more steam that people aren't ordering new and are waiting for that.

He did tell me the someone ordered an Up at the end of may, and he has a delivery date of end of July, so it appears that all new builds have a relatively short delivery at the moment  :smiley:

Either way, happy doesn't say it! 

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #74 on: 13 June 2012, 23:17 »
So the dealer rang me today whilst I was at work. The salesman's been on holiday for 3 weeks. After ordering ok the 14th May, he tells me the car is being built 'as we speak', and the estimated delivery date is 'end of June/1st week of July'  :grin: unbelievabley happy! If its delivered 1st week of July that's 7 weeks from ordering   :laugh: (sorry to run it in for people who waited 6+months!)

Great news!

Now the days are gonna go even slower.. :grin:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
Re: (Another) Newbie just ordered! Now with delivery date!
« Reply #75 on: 14 June 2012, 08:02 »
Great news!

Now the days are gonna go even slower.. :grin:

I know, yesterday dragged after I found out!

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
Re: (Another) Newbie just ordered...It's on the boat!
« Reply #76 on: 21 June 2012, 14:35 »
It's on the boat...delivery first week of July hopefully!  :laugh:

Offline Markey1234

• Not said much yet
« Reply #77 on: 21 June 2012, 22:02 »
Happy days mate   :smiley:

I have a build week of mid September for my GTD. Like a kid waiting on Santa!!!  :sad:
2012 Golf GTD 5dr in Carbon Grey. DSG. 18" Charleston Shadow's. RCD510 with Dynaudio sound pack. Cruise control & luxury pack.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #78 on: 21 June 2012, 22:18 »

I'd be Interested to know the current build dates at the moment for most trims, especially the 'Match'.

Chances are its a cancelled order and meets the same spec so goes to a different owner.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #79 on: 21 June 2012, 22:59 »

Chances are its a cancelled order and meets the same spec so goes to a different owner.

Nah not a cancelled order...same comm number I was given originally. Everyone's are quicker than anticipate at the moment... Markey, all being well yours could be earlier!  :smiley: