Author Topic: (Another) Newbie...ED35 finally here!  (Read 22839 times)

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
Re: (Another) Newbie just ordered!
« Reply #50 on: 22 May 2012, 10:34 »
Same tyre, 225 40 18 was £78 fitted. I know someome at goodyear so got lucky! I had 2 put on the front last year from the Internet for £120 each which was still the best retail price

Sort me out ??? !!!
I hate the Bridgestones that came on the car !! but really cannot justify spending so much on new Goodyears so early on, with a good discount & selling my current tyres I might break even??

:lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :tongue: :tongue:

Haha sorry Scott! I do agree the Bridgestone's are rubbish, my Leon came with them and I couldn't believe the difference after a few miles! I wonder if VW could fit Goodyears before I get mine?!
Carbon Grey Edition 35, DSG, ACC, Cruise Control, Luxury Pack, RCD 510, TPMS

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #51 on: 22 May 2012, 20:59 »
Same tyre, 225 40 18 was £78 fitted. I know someome at goodyear so got lucky! I had 2 put on the front last year from the Internet for £120 each which was still the best retail price

Sort me out ??? !!!
I hate the Bridgestones that came on the car !! but really cannot justify spending so much on new Goodyears so early on, with a good discount & selling my current tyres I might break even??

:lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :tongue: :tongue:

Haha sorry Scott! I do agree the Bridgestone's are rubbish, my Leon came with them and I couldn't believe the difference after a few miles! I wonder if VW could fit Goodyears before I get mine?!

As long as you can supply your dealer with te Goodyears then I don't see a problem...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #52 on: 22 May 2012, 21:02 »
The car might turn up with Dunlop sh*t max on it??? :grin: I had 2 brand new GTI's with these on, but they were good in the snow thats it though!!
« Last Edit: 22 May 2012, 21:04 by Steve30 »

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #53 on: 22 May 2012, 21:05 »
I got bridges on my std Seattle wheels....
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #54 on: 22 May 2012, 21:07 »

There just to noisy for me  :rolleyes:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #55 on: 22 May 2012, 21:37 »
right thread this time my Ed35 has conti sport contacts 2 which are adequate for road use

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #56 on: 22 May 2012, 22:07 »

There just to noisy for me  :rolleyes:

Agreed, hence me fitting Goodyears to my monza's  :laugh:

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #57 on: 22 May 2012, 23:02 »
As long as you can supply your dealer with te Goodyears then I don't see a problem...

Was hoping they'd fit them at the factory but that's probably asking a bit much!

The Bridgey's were rubbish all round, except in cold and wet. And the economy was crap with them on.

Heard the Conti's aren't supposed to be bad.

I'm fed up of waiting now...only been a week and a half!

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #58 on: 23 May 2012, 08:06 »

Was hoping they'd fit them at the factory but that's probably asking a bit much!

The Bridgey's were rubbish all round, except in cold and wet. And the economy was crap with them on.

:laugh:

From factory your either get Dunlops or Bridges but mostly the bridges... :sad:

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #59 on: 23 May 2012, 09:01 »

:laugh:

From factory your either get Dunlops or Bridges but mostly the bridges... :sad:

Damn it!