Author Topic: Snow foam  (Read 11106 times)

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
Re: Snow foam
« Reply #30 on: 14 March 2015, 18:56 »
Thanks for the great comments Booth and Snooze thanks for your order!! I'm 100% sure you'll be satisfied!!!

Thanks Neil

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 14 March 2015, 21:06 »
Ah nice. My current mitt and towel are just cheap artificial jobs. looking forward to trying out all the new gear next w/e!
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 14 March 2015, 21:50 »
+1 on the wash mitt.

It's lightness (when saturated) was THE most noticeable thing when I first tested this mitt last year.  I can honestly, say for that reason, it has transformed car washing for me.  The light weight is particularly helpful being a woman with smaller hands/wrists/arms etc.  Dodo juice ones get VERY heavy by comparison.  As long as WoWo mitts are about, can't ever see me going back to DJ ones.

The WoWo drying towel is also great but my other favourite of theirs is the set of 4 microfibres and glass cloth, they are really excellent.  The cloths are of a lighter fabric weight than siome other mf but imo that actually makes them more versatile, equally good for buffing off wax, interior cleaning, buffing tailpipes etc.  The weave in the glass cloth is different, better than waffle weave.  I did all exterior and interior glass with it last week and great results. Also brilliant value for money.

And the Karcher lance is poop!

Good thing you've got a proper lance coming  :smiley:

Cannot comment of the comparison of the wash mitt, but the one I got from wo wo is excellent. I agree with Booth on the glass cloth and microfibres fantastic set, and each come with a bag to hang them in, nice touch.

Interested in the lance thing, I currently use a Karcher one, and it seems fine, but perhaps that's because I have not used anything else :whistle: suggestions welcome?
Mk6 GTI, 18" monza shadows, Leather, Bluetooth Phone - gone

Mark 7 R, 19" wheels, lapiz blue, 5 door, leather, reversing camera - gone

2018 Audi S5 Sportback, pano roof, LED Headlights  B&O sound system - gone

Current 2020 Golf GTI TCR, pure grey, pano roof , 90% tints and Akrapovic exhaust.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 14 March 2015, 21:59 »

Cannot comment of the comparison of the wash mitt, but the one I got from wo wo is excellent. I agree with Booth on the glass cloth and microfibres fantastic set, and each come with a bag to hang them in, nice touch.

Interested in the lance thing, I currently use a Karcher one, and it seems fine, but perhaps that's because I have not used anything else :whistle: suggestions welcome?

You know the answer to that one  :whistle:  Seems those that have used the Karcher one have gone on to order the real thing.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline mwad gti

• Here all the time
« Reply #34 on: 16 March 2015, 19:02 »

The standard Karcher lance is crap
You know the answer to that one  :whistle:  Seems those that have used the Karcher one have gone on to order the real thing.
Candy White 3 dr Manual 2012 GTi. Bought new.
DAB, Dynaudio, Kenwood Head Unit Upgrade, Private Plate,
Full Leather and Heated Seats
18" Shadow Monzas, luxury pack.
Colour coded side skirts and gloss black diffuser.

Offline mwad gti

• Here all the time
« Reply #35 on: 16 March 2015, 19:04 »
Fairy liquid! I remember nearly getting banned for using the word sponge! Fyi it was about four years ago and regarding cleaning tyres I think?

Let the ridicule begin!

Lances are an immotive topic, but as suggested, you get what you pay for! I understand the autobrite one is really good?
Infuse the Autobrite lance, it's the best I have used
Candy White 3 dr Manual 2012 GTi. Bought new.
DAB, Dynaudio, Kenwood Head Unit Upgrade, Private Plate,
Full Leather and Heated Seats
18" Shadow Monzas, luxury pack.
Colour coded side skirts and gloss black diffuser.

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 27 March 2015, 08:27 »
Snow foamed last w/e, but didn't get the thickness quite right. The foam dissipated a bit too quickly. Also I rinsed the car off first before snow foaming. Should I have just snow foamed the car dirty? Thinking the foam would stick better to a dirty car.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 27 March 2015, 09:05 »
Snow foamed last w/e, but didn't get the thickness quite right. The foam dissipated a bit too quickly. Also I rinsed the car off first before snow foaming. Should I have just snow foamed the car dirty? Thinking the foam would stick better to a dirty car.

Takes a while to get the mix right so persevere. 

Don't know what others do but before snow foaming I give the car a quick once over with the jet washer on low pressure setting.  I found this just softens the dirt a bit but still lets the foam cling on sufficiently.  You only need the foam to dwell for 5 mins anyway whilst you sort your hand wash and rinse buckets out.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 27 March 2015, 12:01 »
Will do. Cheers

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: 27 March 2015, 16:04 »
I'm with Bec on this, spray chosen wheel cleaner, jet wash, snow foam and then go and either run my buckets or boil the kettle! Then it's down to the wash, dry, windows and tyres.