Author Topic: gtechnique  (Read 3218 times)

Offline tg1

• I live here
gtechnique
« on: 30 June 2012, 09:11 »
or however you spell it  :laugh:

has anyone used p1 and the carnuba spray? was hoping to use p1 on the wheels to give a bit of a shine, will the spray wax be anygood on the wheels or will fk1000 be better you think?

would i be better off swapping the carnuba spray wax for something like z8?

naturally the p1 will be going on the paint as well, how do people rate it against zaino stuff?

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Re: gtechnique
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2012, 10:41 »
Hi tg1
Haven't used p1 personally but it's an ok water based polish from what I've heard and read, C3 smart Nuba won't last 5 mins on rims so go for fk1000p which will last ages, I use fk1000p for every job unless nano protection is requested,it's hardcore stuff and can handle the heat from the brakes,
C3 on the body will give great results if your prep is spot on and is very quick and easy to apply,
Z8 is fantastic but I'd only put it over a sealant as it gives a different finish compared to a carnauba based product.
So it's down to the finish your after really, C3 layered will give a nice warm Nuba glow,beading etc,Z8 will be more glassy and reflective.

Have used most of the G-techniq range and IMO its a great range and not overly expensive,great performance and finish.
Haven't really had a lot of experience with Zaino products as such,dabbled in the past but never really got into it but have now got pretty much all of the range and will be using it intensively over the next 6/12 months.
« Last Edit: 30 June 2012, 10:47 by Dan J »
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline ScottA

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2012, 16:01 »
Hi tg1
Haven't used p1 personally but it's an ok water based polish from what I've heard and read, C3 smart Nuba won't last 5 mins on rims so go for fk1000p which will last ages, I use fk1000p for every job unless nano protection is requested,it's hardcore stuff and can handle the heat from the brakes,
C3 on the body will give great results if your prep is spot on and is very quick and easy to apply,
Z8 is fantastic but I'd only put it over a sealant as it gives a different finish compared to a carnauba based product.
So it's down to the finish your after really, C3 layered will give a nice warm Nuba glow,beading etc,Z8 will be more glassy and reflective.

Have used most of the G-techniq range and IMO its a great range and not overly expensive,great performance and finish.
Haven't really had a lot of experience with Zaino products as such,dabbled in the past but never really got into it but have now got pretty much all of the range and will be using it intensively over the next 6/12 months.

Have you used C4? Is it worth the money?

Thanks

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2012, 17:29 »
Hi tg1

Have you used C4? Is it worth the money?

Thanks

C1,C4,C5 are all the same product, very good imo and worth the money, you don't use a lot of product at all and it's durable stuff, your preperation of the surface it is to be applied to is very important and has to be thorough so the product bonds properly and you get the maximum durabilty from it.

Carpro have recently launched a new product called DLUX which is looking good so far from what people have tested. I've now got a bottle for testing myself so will post some pics if I get chance.

These products are coatings not dressings and will darken the finish on faded trims so more natural looking instead of super glossy and they last if your prep and application is spot on, good water/dirt repellency, good uv protection also.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: 30 June 2012, 17:32 by Dan J »

Offline JonnyG

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 01 July 2012, 11:51 »
I used C1 (same as C4) on my alloys and i can certainly recommend it for alloys.  My wheels are still beading on the inner rims (3 month later) after just a shampoo wash  :smiley:

As Dan says, good prep and following the application instructions are key to getting a good initiial bond with C1/C4/C5, for the best durability.

I hav'nt used C3,  but have used both C2 and recently C1.5 on my paintwork.  Both are very easy to apply and buff off. The C2 can be diliuted with water and used a detailing spray for topping up.  I use it on my wife's white Megane as it has good non yellowing UV protection (coming from a Marine background).  Both last around  3/4 months for me before beading starts to drop a bit.

If you really want the dogs danglies, the recently released Gtechniq EXO is reported to be excellent and is used by a Formula 1 team for there bodywork I hear  :grin:   

http://gtechniq.com/shop/

C2 on White paintwork :-

« Last Edit: 01 July 2012, 12:00 by JonnyG »
Current : Seat Cupra Lux, DSG, Magnetic Grey, Sept 2019
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Pure White, March 2017
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Tornado Red, March 2015
Gone :    Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012
Gone :    Golf R, Rising Blue, 5dr DSG Mar 2010
Gone :    Golf R32, DBP, 5dr, DSG, Nov 2008
Gone :    Golf GTi ED30, Mar 2007

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 01 July 2012, 12:34 »
Nice shots Jonny, ive seen a solid 8 months protection out of C2 from 2 seperate applications days apart, fantastic and stupidly easy product to apply.

C3 layered is great for bumping up gloss for a just waxed finish, very economical in application.

i love the G-techniq range from my experience with it so far and will carry on using it, havent tried C1.5 or EXO yet. there next on the cards:)

Offline ScottA

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 03 July 2012, 00:39 »
Thanks guys. May have to give it a go!  :cool:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 03 July 2012, 13:55 »
 :shocked: OMG! For £125 incl vat I wud want the stuff To be able to put it on the car itself.... :shocked:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline JonnyG

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 03 July 2012, 20:49 »
:shocked: OMG! For £125 incl vat I wud want the stuff To be able to put it on the car itself.... :shocked:

Lol  .. I know  :laugh: :rolleyes:

One can does do around six full car applications though  :wink:
Current : Seat Cupra Lux, DSG, Magnetic Grey, Sept 2019
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Pure White, March 2017
Gone :    Golf Mk 7 R, 5dr DSG, Tornado Red, March 2015
Gone :    Audi RS3, Daytona Grey, 7sp S-Tronic, Sept 2012
Gone :    Golf R, Rising Blue, 5dr DSG Mar 2010
Gone :    Golf R32, DBP, 5dr, DSG, Nov 2008
Gone :    Golf GTi ED30, Mar 2007

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 04 July 2012, 23:07 »

Lol  .. I know  :laugh: :rolleyes:

One can does do around six full car applications though  :wink:

Ah okay, if it's really that good and a F1 uses it then it must be...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather