Author Topic: A Group Buy  (Read 4098 times)

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: A Group Buy
« Reply #20 on: 11 May 2012, 18:20 »
Right just so I don't start thread after thread, i'm looking at doing a starter kit of everything you need to wash/dry, clay and wax, all good quality products and to give a bit of a taster to what good products are really like, but also want to try and keep the price down. Here is what I was thinking:

Shampoo - Dodo Juice Born to be Mild 250ml - £8.95
Wash Mit - Dodo Juice Tribble Mitt - £10.95
Drying - Dodo Juice Basics Drying Towel - £7.95

Clay Lube - Dodo Juice Basics Clay Lube - £5.95
Clay - Dodo Juice Basics Clay (1 piece) - £4.95
Microfibre - Dodo Juice Basics Yellow Microfibre - £3.95

Wax - A choice of Dodo Panel Pots - £5.95
Applicator - Dodo Juice Basics Applicator - £3.95
Microfibre - Dodo Juice Basics Red Microfibre - £3.95

Now this kit will give you one of the best shampoo's on the market that will last months, a quality mitt and drying towel. The clay kit is probably only enough to clay bar a car once, but it is quality kit that will give people an insight into claying who have maybe never used it before, plus a nice colour coordinated micro fibre to wipe away the mess. Then, the wax, a panel pot will easily put 3 layers of wax over a whole car is put on thinly as it should be, and giving people a choice on what colour and hard or soft they want, and also again a colour coordinated micro fibre and applicator to apply and buff the wax.

This little lot above comes to £57 ish and I will do a deal to bring the price down a bit, but just wanted some feedback from people really if they would want things added, taken away etc etc??

Offline N3uR0

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 11 May 2012, 18:55 »
Just a thought for people who don't require each stage, what about splitting them into Wash, Clay and Wax. That way if, for example, you have all the washing stuff you can just choose the others?

Offline murraymint

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 11 May 2012, 19:34 »
That does sound like a good starter set up  :cool:. Now just gotta justify to myself that spending £50 on cleaning stuff is a good idea  :laugh: :lipsrsealed:
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 12 May 2012, 07:11 »
Right then that was quite a wide range of idea's with nobody agreeing  :grin:

Let me try to put a couple of deals together for you, i'll try and cater for everyone. I'll try and put a little GolfGTI starter kit together, and then i'll put a few more specific GB's together for those who have already got the basics  :wink:

How does that sound?

Ta
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 12 May 2012, 07:17 »
Right just so I don't start thread after thread, i'm looking at doing a starter kit of everything you need to wash/dry, clay and wax, all good quality products and to give a bit of a taster to what good products are really like, but also want to try and keep the price down. Here is what I was thinking:

Now this kit will give you one of the best shampoo's on the market that will last months, a quality mitt and drying towel. The clay kit is probably only enough to clay bar a car once, but it is quality kit that will give people an insight into claying who have maybe never used it before, plus a nice colour coordinated micro fibre to wipe away the mess. Then, the wax, a panel pot will easily put 3 layers of wax over a whole car is put on thinly as it should be, and giving people a choice on what colour and hard or soft they want, and also again a colour coordinated micro fibre and applicator to apply and buff the wax.

This little lot above comes to £57 ish and I will do a deal to bring the price down a bit, but just wanted some feedback from people really if they would want things added, taken away etc etc??

Sounds good, are be up for this Waxamomo...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #25 on: 12 May 2012, 08:05 »
That does sound like a good starter set up  :cool:. Now just gotta justify to myself that spending £50 on cleaning stuff is a good idea  :laugh: :lipsrsealed:

You try having OCD  :lipsrsealed:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #26 on: 12 May 2012, 19:42 »

What about having a group buy on each one of those sections above. That way people could perhaps just try out a wax/clay/shampoo rather than buying the whole kit. I know people in above posts have enquired about a 'beginners' but what about the above with those/different products for the more advanced detailers who only needs say the odd clay bar treatment rather than the entire 'kit'?