Author Topic: Quick detailer question  (Read 3368 times)

Offline new to vw

• Here all the time
Re: Quick detailer question
« Reply #10 on: 09 January 2011, 21:56 »
You could try some AG aqua wax, just spray and wipe or some AG Extra gloss protection :grin:
5 door 1.8t AUM

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #11 on: 10 January 2011, 07:41 »
I'm useing Red mist Tropical which is ace , I also use Chemical guys for drying brillaint stuff. :cool:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #12 on: 10 January 2011, 20:12 »
Thats great chris thanks, got the three pack of FF's from you last time but might get another. can i put dodo wax over red mist or would i have to clay it all first? sorry to be a pain. :embarassed:

When did you last use Red Mist on the car? If it's over a week or so, a nice wash and you will be fine to apply the Dodo Wax  :wink:

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 10 January 2011, 20:23 »
I haven't bought the red mist yet mate but you've answered my question anyway, cheers. I'll get my order in! I'm low on shampoo as well so i'm gonna give BTBM a try too, thanks guys. :cool:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 10 January 2011, 20:24 »
I'm useing Red mist Tropical which is ace , I also use Chemical guys for drying brillaint stuff. :cool:

Do have to worry about overspray onto the plastics much with red mist Steve?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #15 on: 10 January 2011, 20:52 »

Do have to worry about overspray onto the plastics much with red mist Steve?

What you wll find is the Red mist has a tiny spray nozzle, which wont get on to your plastic's any way mate. Chemical Guys pro detaler is also very good, and you can buy a gallon of it which is brilliant :wink:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Tazzy

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 10 January 2011, 21:55 »
red mist and rm tropical do look good qd's, not tried them myself yet, i do have all 4 megs qd's, LT is from  the detailer range, can be diluted, smells of cherries i think, and probably megs 2nd best qd, ultimate quik detailer is their best as its water repellent and beads water better than most other sprays
If It Comes Off, Modify It!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 10 January 2011, 22:02 »
DJ RM does react with some freshly applied waxes... can go 'spotty' if applied incorrectly

I wouldn't confuse a QD with protection... I certainly wouldn't count on using RM as an final protective layer...

a couple of layers of a good hard wax, in this weather something like collinite, preferably preceded with a sealant like Jetseal 109, will provide much better protection

Offline RickS

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 18 January 2011, 11:06 »
I'm using Red Mist Tropical at the moment, it's great for adding a bit of protection in between waxing, and the best thing is you can do a whole car in next to no time at all.

As for towels/microfibres, maybe Dodo Juice Fantastic Furs  :smiley:

The Red Mist is good for what it is meant to do, but takes a lot more buffing than you might expect. First time I used it the car looked great, but as soon as I saw it in direct sunlight lots of swirling was visible. To get a perfect finish it probably takes as much or more buffing than a wax. [I only use top quality micro fibres by the way]
I know it's not a detailer, but my favourite is Meguiars NXT Tech Wax2, it's fairly easy to use and leaves a superb shine with no swirling and the water beading is excellent. Almost as quick as a detailer but much longer lasting.
2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #19 on: 18 January 2011, 15:55 »
Im with Guy - Jetseal followed by  A good quality coat of wax or 2 or 3  :grin:

I dont  really bother with stuff like red mist, nor do i bother doing rush type cleaning (as it always leads to scratch marks)

@ RickS, the swirls you mention were prob always their, but probably masked/hiden by the fillers in the products you been using. Using sh!t MF cloth will cause swirls as will using a spong etc, TBF the more you touch your car - even with a good lambswool mit and good quality MF cloths etc, your always at risk of more swirls or light marks, when drying my car i find patting it dry helps reduce this risk

i  machined all swirls out of mine again last week, jetsealed it, then 3 coats of DD Puple Haze, Zero swirls under halogen lights and zero hologram marks under the sun - not an easy feat on a flat black car :grin:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/