Author Topic: insurance  (Read 3797 times)

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
Re: insurance
« Reply #20 on: 13 June 2005, 22:38 »
two sets of lockies. Just take them in the house when you park up at night

ok - that one went right over my head - can u explain in simple terms for a simpleton? thanks!  :undecided:

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #21 on: 13 June 2005, 22:49 »
use two seperate sets of locking wheel nuts, and keep the keys for them in the house at night (whereas most people leave them in the boot or glovebox)

Offline Dom Mk3

• I live here
  • Insert wit here
« Reply #22 on: 13 June 2005, 22:58 »
I'll be insuring mine with nationwide, found it far, far cheaper putting the old dear as a named driver, even though she hasn't drive for 20 years!

Offline [han]

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 13 June 2005, 23:05 »
i keep gloves in my glovebox... lol not really my glovebox is full the button thingys from the dashboard i've got duplicates of everything  :smiley:

can't put named drivers on mine - mm's insured over25only cos of her car, and dads insured for his van for work and might be gettin my lil bro on his ins cos he's just bought an xr2i - little chav!!!

Offline [han]

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 14 June 2005, 12:48 »
just thought i'd update you on the situation....

finally got my cover sorted - i've had to insure the car as standard for £42 a month 3rd party fire and theft this is because ive got to drive the car for a VIC check on thursday so i can eventually get it taxed and on the road. YAY  :grin:

When i renew in dec im lookin at £300 with 2yrs No claims, so then i can lower the b!tch and get things sorted. It's not that long to wait.......

least i might be able to get to leeds and get to meet you all!!!  :kiss:

Offline golfpro

• I live here
  • If in doubt, pay someone else to do it!
« Reply #25 on: 14 June 2005, 13:19 »
Youv done ok in the end there. Im 19 with nearly a years no claims driving a 1.4 mk3 which is modified. Cost me £1200 fully comp after much shopping arround! Oh well, its the price you pay i suppose.

Good luck in meeting anyone from here, we mostly hide in caves well away from the outside world!

thats the best mk3 ive seen..ever! its just clean and subtle.. :cool:

Offline DubFan

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 14 June 2005, 13:37 »
You can put any one you like onto your own policy as a named driver, no matter what other car they drive or what there insurance policy is like.
My parents have their own 2 cars on other policies, and I still put them on my policy to bring my insurance down, even though it's unlikely that they'll drive it at any time.

Offline GolfGL

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 15 June 2005, 21:19 »
Im with CIS paying £600 on a mk3 golf 1.8 and im 19 however shamefully using my dads few years no claims. Thought about starting my own no claims with elephant as it was £1000 with just myself every over company wanted around £2000!!
Audi TT 3.2 24v v6 2005 - The Sloth - Weekends
VW Golf 2.0 8v GTI 1996 - Lemonade II -Daily
MNR Vortx Yamaha R1 2009 - Track days
Sold Seat Leon Cupra R 225 -LM04 NDE "Lemonade"