Author Topic: M.O.T!!!!! argh!!  (Read 2640 times)

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
M.O.T!!!!! argh!!
« on: 06 June 2005, 09:11 »
oh my god.. im so nervous my poor litle car has just been collected by the garage over the road so they can re-m.o.t it!!!  :undecided: I really do hope it passes... want to get it on the road so i can sell my 106 - heap of junk! Admittedly my golf needs a lot of work... but in it's current condition it looks acceptable, apart from the wheels and the scratches on the drivers side glass.... deep scratches..... f*ckin' vandals!!!

Vandalisiing a mk2 golf... HOW DARE THEY!?!?!?  :tongue:

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
Re: M.O.T!!!!! argh!!
« Reply #1 on: 06 June 2005, 09:23 »
how dare they indeed .. don't worry im sure it'll get through even if it needs a few little tweaks

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
« Reply #2 on: 06 June 2005, 09:27 »
few little tweaks?!?!?! it's already failed twice :( third times the charm!!!?

ah well... just wanna drive it...

anyone got any tips how the surround at the bottom of the gear stick comes off so ic an clean it properly...??? i'ts full of glass shards n years of muck!! EUGH!!! this calls for th pink rubber gloves!!!  :laugh:

Offline Golfgal

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 06 June 2005, 11:04 »
Good lucj sure you will be fine !!
V5 Beetle owner. I'm just here for the misfire threads....

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 06 June 2005, 11:17 »
Sounds like you are going through a very similar experience to me only instead of a mk2 Golf, mine is a mk3 Polo GT. Whilst having to clear out years of cigarette ash, glass, beer cans, milkshake bottles and tidy up abuse from karakoe equipment both inside and on the roof of the car :shocked: (but what do you expect for £75)............I've been driving a 106 XS! Apart from the odd nice day when at least I have the cabrio I can take out. Polo has now passed its MOT and will become my daily driver from Thusday onwards. 106 will go back to my brother, who I borrowed it from whilst he served an 18 month ban.

TBH the Peugeot hasn't been that bad. Its nippy, economical and (so far) reliable. I've put 10,000 miles on it whilst I have borrowed it and my only major criticsm would be the build quality. As opposed to a Golf it seems under engineered, metal is too thin and bits fall off or break. I really can't see the bodywork and components standing the test of time as well as a VW..........but then I don't need to say that do I, I'm preaching to the converted :wink:
« Last Edit: 06 June 2005, 11:20 by richandhazel »

Offline Golfgal

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 06 June 2005, 11:22 »
Uh oh ask len he might throw another hissy fit  :grin:
V5 Beetle owner. I'm just here for the misfire threads....

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 06 June 2005, 11:27 »
Uh oh ask len he might throw another hissy fit  :grin:

Having driven VW's or Audi's for nearly 20 years now, it's been quite interesting driving for a year in a different marque. I'm not sure that Len would disagree with what I have said about the Peugeots and it may well be that the 'bigger' models are better built...........I don't know.

Offline Rain

• I live here
  • forum irregular
« Reply #7 on: 06 June 2005, 17:32 »
mate had a 406 and the thing just ran and ran and ran ended up giving it away just to see the end of it couldnt kill the thing if we tried which he did.

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 06 June 2005, 18:06 »
if it fails again then bring it down  :tongue:
:)

Offline Madone_si

• I live here
  • Seattle WA, USA and Middlesex, UK
« Reply #9 on: 06 June 2005, 18:21 »
My black cab - Failed MOT this morning - little crack near the drivers side seat belt - about 15mm - b*gger.. back to the workshop tomorrow to get fixed and then re-MOT again.... everything else passed. ;)
Old Skool Mk1 Golf Gli (82), Mk1 US Cab 85 and 83
SOLD - BLACK SOY 92