Author Topic: You don’t fancy an 8R?  (Read 16432 times)

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
Re: You don’t fancy an 8R?
« Reply #180 on: 29 April 2022, 22:30 »
Not the best pictures - or location :grin:

Would have one of these in a heartbeat if I didn’t live where I did.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #181 on: 30 April 2022, 22:27 »
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #182 on: 23 June 2022, 09:00 »
Sadly the TCR is now going to have to be handed back at the end of the lease, as both daughters are now engaged and will now be getting married within 12 months of each other, the first next next September, so my indulgent funds for keeping the TCR on a whim will have to be rechanneled to better use, :) wish they told me earlier though as would have saved a lot of procrastinating!

Apparently the 128Ti is still on schedule for the October changeover (believe it when happens and only then) where hand the TCR back for auction. (be good buy for someone when lands on forecourts as look after my cars)

The Audi A1 S line Black Edition only has 20,000 miles on it and drives like new, so that will be continuing its 2nd car tour of duty for a little while longer,

Having been in MK 7/7.5 cabins for 9 years now must admit looking forward to being in a BMW cabin, and the seeing what the 128Ti has to offer in performance, and in comparison to the GTI which is what its pitched at, and once put some miles on it will do a comparison review.

Feel quite ok about it, very excited for my daughters to have their day and think saved me from a little too much indulgence of having the TCR sit out there, having been bought at present inflated prices, and so depreciating more than normal while not doing much for 3 years, and as this last company car it will be open season on what choose when the BMW lease ends, maybe keep that if really like it? or maybe go scratch the RS3 itch, or even go back to VW and look for a TCR/R/Clubsport.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #183 on: 23 June 2022, 21:01 »
Double congratulations Hertsman.
An expensive time ahead and a sensible decision made.

As far as cars go, you can start with a blank sheet again when the time comes, and that’s no bad thing. There are new things coming to market all the time, but you’ve got a bit of TCR time left to enjoy first and then a 128ti to enjoy, who knows where we’ll all be at once that time is done.
An RS3 will always be a temptation though  :drool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #184 on: 24 June 2022, 09:45 »
Double congratulations Hertsman.
An expensive time ahead and a sensible decision made.

As far as cars go, you can start with a blank sheet again when the time comes, and that’s no bad thing. There are new things coming to market all the time, but you’ve got a bit of TCR time left to enjoy first and then a 128ti to enjoy, who knows where we’ll all be at once that time is done.
An RS3 will always be a temptation though  :drool:

Thank you Sir, and yes, just had some venue quotes, so think made wise financial decision  :smiley: but super excited for her day and will feel like ££ better spent

And think that's quickly become the mentality, have enjoyed the TCR, and the MK 7 x experience in general, and feels right time to try something new, and feel quite lucky that 128Ti was there an option, and it will be 3 years and then its open season, a fresh canvass to what's next as definitely last company ride.

But am making most of the TCR and intend to do same with 128Ti when it appears, so staying in the moment as it were.

Will hang around the forum as really doubt my last VW GTI, can see one replacing 2nd car duties, though imagine it would be MK 7.5 or MK 6
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #185 on: 24 June 2022, 15:47 »
I’m sure you’ll definitely stick around Hertsman, plenty of people have left the Golf GTI fold but still hang out here as it’s a nice cozy place to be, like a digital country pub.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #186 on: 24 June 2022, 17:25 »
I’m sure you’ll definitely stick around Hertsman, plenty of people have left the Golf GTI fold but still hang out here as it’s a nice cozy place to be, like a digital country pub.

Yes, some of us do hang around - I’ve not owned a Golf for six years and I’ve never owed a Golf GTI  :grin: - unless the mk4 GTI-badged ‘hot’ diesel counts :whistle: (still not sure why VW badged the mk4 150 bhp diesel as a GTI rather than a GTD).

This is one of the friendlier forums, and there are still a few of the die-hard members on here from when I joined back in 2011 :smiley:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl