Author Topic: Whats the best products to protect my new GTD?  (Read 4891 times)

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Re: Whats the best products to protect my new GTD?
« Reply #10 on: 19 February 2010, 12:59 »
Hi Dan , my dad has just given me some supagaurd impregnated sponges, once ive dont the sealent will be okay to put this stuff on or just leave it out? Thanks Steve

has he given you some superguard aswell or just the sponges used to apply superguard?
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #11 on: 19 February 2010, 17:18 »
Hi Dan , my dad has just given me some supagaurd impregnated sponges, once ive dont the sealent will be okay to put this stuff on or just leave it out? Thanks Steve

has he given you some superguard aswell or just the sponges used to apply superguard?

No just the sponges , but he said that they are impregnated with supaguard stuff , just need pircing first then apply? What do you think? thanks Steve

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 19 February 2010, 17:28 »

No just the sponges , but he said that they are impregnated with supaguard stuff , just need pircing first then apply? What do you think? thanks Steve

use them to save them going to waste but dont use them to apply other sealants with as the different chemicals could react against each other. got any pics of said sponges?

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #13 on: 21 February 2010, 11:49 »

use them to save them going to waste but dont use them to apply other sealants with as the different chemicals could react against each other. got any pics of said sponges?
I will problery just stick with your recemndation Dan the 109  stuff, Thanks for your support cheers Steve  :cool:

Offline diplomat1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 04 March 2010, 20:34 »
Has anyone found what's the best/easiest way to clean the honeycombe grill on the GTD/GTI.

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 04 March 2010, 21:54 »
Has anyone found what's the best/easiest way to clean the honeycombe grill on the GTD/GTI.

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/detailing_brushes.html

these will do the trick, spritz the grill with some diluted apc if needed,aggitate with the brush and rinse as normal :wink:

Offline sundaydriver

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 06 March 2010, 10:39 »

[/quote] Hi Dan , not a chance in hell , I have warned them that any marks on the car and it will be knocked back? I have speacifcaly asked them to stay away from the paint work!! Reason is I have seen them useing a Brush to get the snow off brand new cars!! I said to the guy at the time what the hell are youing to those car's ? are you insane doing that!! The guy just froze with fear , I did tell the management about this!! They know that I am a very fussy when it comes to paintwork . Thanks for your support guys, Steve ps I have just orderd the sealent 109. :wink:
[/quote]

Steve, i told my dealer 3 times not to wash my car and emailed him twice also and when i collected it they had washed it. I went nuts  :angry:

The fleet manager told me they had only gave it a light wash to remove the transport wax etc

And this was a replacement car because i rejected the first due to damaged paintwork. They never learn!

2012 Golf R, APR STAGE 2+, BCS power valve TB exhaust, loba HPFP, evoms intake, Rising blue, 19" Talladegas -BMW M2

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #17 on: 06 March 2010, 13:44 »

Hi Dan , not a chance in hell , I have warned them that any marks on the car and it will be knocked back? I have speacifcaly asked them to stay away from the paint work!! Reason is I have seen them useing a Brush to get the snow off brand new cars!! I said to the guy at the time what the hell are youing to those car's ? are you insane doing that!! The guy just froze with fear , I did tell the management about this!! They know that I am a very fussy when it comes to paintwork . Thanks for your support guys, Steve ps I have just orderd the sealent 109. :wink:
[/quote]

Steve, i told my dealer 3 times not to wash my car and emailed him twice also and when i collected it they had washed it. I went nuts  :angry:

The fleet manager told me they had only gave it a light wash to remove the transport wax etc

And this was a replacement car because i rejected the first due to damaged paintwork. They never learn!
[/quote] Yes i agree with you totaly, I just pick mine up on monday the 1st March, they didn't clean mine, but it  did have that wax on the windows it was difficult to get off!! I managed to get it with viniger , I then spent 4 hours detailn the car with washing then selant 109 , colinite wax. I gave the car a jet rinse yesterday and the dirt just flew off brilliant no need for shampoo, then just Mcgures detaing spray after just bring out the bling!!  :cool:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #18 on: 06 March 2010, 13:59 »
Steve, hope you don't mind me butting into your thread?
My questions seem to continue on and be the same as yours except mines on a dark blue metallic car. :undecided:

As im a huge novice to detailing i would like some advice for a
brand new mk6 dark blue shadow blue metallic GTI that im picking up next week or the week after.

I will have 250miles of motorway grime on it before i get home. So i guess snow foam, 2 bucket method, microfiber towel drying, then polish, seal, wax as shown in the FAQ section. :undecided:

Due to the different colour will the product choices you guys reccomend be different to what you recomended to Steve?

Can someone list everything i really need to do detailing on a brand new dark metallic properly?

I want to start on the right path with this car,
I have good practical skills so can turn my hand to just about anything if i have a clue what im doing that is. :grin:

Help!

« Last Edit: 06 March 2010, 14:04 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #19 on: 06 March 2010, 14:03 »
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz206/Rolex62/DSC00843-1.jpg

The new baby , great car got to say its awsome on the motorway!! :cool: