Author Topic: BW45 onwards changes?  (Read 2246 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
BW45 onwards changes?
« on: 06 October 2014, 15:45 »
Anyone heard anything about the changes post BW 45?  A lot of speculation on the R forum that from this point on the DNS may be offered as standard on that car, and also with a new 6.5" screen a la the new Polo (I assume the new screen size will be across the VW range?).

Only thing I know for sure is Dynaudio being offered as an option from this point onwards.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline phazer

• GTI forum regular
Re: BW45 onwards changes?
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2014, 16:44 »
On one of the longer threads I was reading on the R forum someone asked VW and got told it was just the availability of the Dynaudio.

Doubt VW would start adding high value options for free to the R when they're selling so well anyway  :smiley:

Not seen any word on when the new clever audio/navi on the polo etc are coming to the Golf....suspect Vw will be vague on this to avoid hurting on-going orders.
« Last Edit: 06 October 2014, 16:48 by phazer »

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 06 October 2014, 17:34 »
I doubt that just the R would get the Nav, it would most likely be R/GTI/GTD all getting it if any. It  really wouldn't cost them much to do, seeing as most of the hardware is in the standard unit, just a module to add. When VW used to charge £280 for electronic diff on the Scirocco and it was fully selectable in VCDS for nowt, I doubt they'll be giving much away with BW45.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Yarrac

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 06 October 2014, 18:27 »
Wonder when the refresh will be if at all? I was miffed when I bought my Astra H VXR as couldn't spec loads of options and hey ho 6 months later they were added as standard. Grrr..

I will be similarly annoyed if CarNet makes a sudden appearance on the Golf, its the one thing missing to make my ideal car. Using the BMW Pro Nav and being about to use Google Maps Send to car is so handy.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 06 October 2014, 19:20 »
Car net won't be available for standard cars. It's only available on the e-up, e-golf at the minute with no intention of it being available for anything else.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #5 on: 06 October 2014, 22:26 »
Wonder when the refresh will be if at all? I was miffed when I bought my Astra H VXR as couldn't spec loads of options and hey ho 6 months later they were added as standard. Grrr..

I will be similarly annoyed if CarNet makes a sudden appearance on the Golf, its the one thing missing to make my ideal car. Using the BMW Pro Nav and being about to use Google Maps Send to car is so handy.

Considering the information about new Passat we received says that there will be online stuff for both discover and discover pro. Including google maps on the Pro.......

This has to be one of the bw45 changes.........
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #6 on: 07 October 2014, 11:22 »
Car-Net ‘Guide and Inform’ – in-car connection to the internet via a smartphone WiFi hotspot. Key information such as online traffic data, news and weather can be accessed via the Passat’s colour touchscreen infotainment system
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 07 October 2014, 12:37 »
Its about time Car-net came to the UK and in the VW models.
Audi have had their Audi Connect for years and what a difference it makes to the Nav.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8 on: 09 October 2014, 11:08 »
The bumph I read via here the other day, which mentioned carnet on the Passat, did have a big disclaimer saying that it wasn't necessarily representative of an offering in any particular country and variations could occur.

The Passat is now on the VW UK configurator, and Navpro makes no mention of CarNet....

I've still no idea what's holding them back, other than maybe not canabalising the Audi sales.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC