Author Topic: Radar interference  (Read 2428 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Radar interference
« Reply #10 on: 06 October 2014, 17:37 »
I thought the city braking would have caught it - which should be 0-30mph.

There's an awful lot to do with understanding the radar based systems on the golf which are not explained in detail - probably because they don't want to tell you what to expect other than "it might save you" (but don't blame us if it doesn't)

Does ACC do the city braking? I thought that maybe for speeds below 19mph (19mph is the threshold between the 2 systems, or 30 Kmph) it was using the front parking sensors to detect a collision up and coming? I can't see the logic in having 2 systems with different sensitivities relying on the same hardware, why not just have 1 system that works 0-100mph if it's all on the radar sensor?
« Last Edit: 06 October 2014, 17:39 by monkeyhanger »
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 06 October 2014, 18:04 »
No, I think you are correct actually, 30kph and using the ultrasonic parking sensors for low speed detection.

Even then, I think its not designed for that type of collision, but the idea that you try to move off into the back of another vehicle.

The ACC type collision avoidance is something else and I'm sure I've read somewhere that it states in the book that it doesn't detect stationary objects.

I dunno, I'm just the meat in a computer sandwich.

Fred
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 08 October 2014, 21:41 »
Mine does the same as described here, usually when a car in front turns left and i come off the throttle and apply the brake lightly but still the car "thinks" it's not good enough and shows the red warning and the beep. I turned off the front assist just because i think it doesn't really work as I would expect. I also find the front parking sensors a bit rubbish. When parking they are good however I had at least 5 false readings as i was waiting at traffic lights today behind the cars in front. I had a good 1-1.5 metres between me and the cars in front but the parking display would come on showing me the red lines as if I would've been really close or hit the car in front. wonder if the rain today had anything to do with it. If that is the case, then it's even worse.
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2020 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
------------------------------------------
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #13 on: 09 October 2014, 09:06 »
The sitting in traffic problem is another one I've had.

To start with I wondered if it was the exhaust distorting/playing with the sensors, but I think its not.

I'm going to start making a list of the types of car that cause that problem. I've had the same happen on the rear sensors in a queue of traffic too.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC