Author Topic: New Tornado Red GTD :D  (Read 1773 times)

Offline NE10MCC

• Just got here
New Tornado Red GTD :D
« on: 01 October 2014, 18:41 »
Hi all!

I'm new to this forum, although I have been browsing it for the last year or so I haven't yet posted anything! I was always planning on getting a new MK7 GTI for my 21st birthday in May but a deal came up that I couldn't resist so now have a GTD coming my way this Friday :D

Basically I'm just wondering for a few tips on the does and don'ts of the brand new GTD, and a few tips for it if you boys have any!

Incase you lot are wondering, its basically just a standard red 3 door GTD although it does have the winter pack.

2012 - 2014 > White VW Polo 6R
2014 - Current > Red VW Golf MK7 GTD

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
Re: New Tornado Red GTD :D
« Reply #1 on: 01 October 2014, 19:01 »
Congratulations mate and welcome to the forum.

If the car is brand new, which I'm guessing it is then just drive relatively normal. Vary the revs, don't do any long motorway trips in the first 1000 miles. If you need to use the motorway then make sure you come off every now and then and switch to some B roads and then rejoin further up. Still varying your revs & speed. 
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

MK7 Golf R - Lapiz Blue, 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Nappa, Discover Nav Pro.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 01 October 2014, 19:50 »
Welcome aboard!
Can't be bad getting a car like that for your 21st! Congrats!
I had a seven year old mk1 Scirocco GTI when I was 21! It was always breaking down and I was just in the process of buying my first flat so the garage bills weren't welcome!

I think most things are covered on the forums and as you've been browsing a good while you'll know what's what so just enjoy your new steed, you'll love it!
GTD's look great in red too.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline NE10MCC

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 03 October 2014, 18:31 »
Was a sad morning saying goodbye to my Polo! Had it for 3 and a half years and being a teenager for majority of it, it had taken part in what will be some great memories  :smiley:

But it was time to move on to bigger and better things... Say hello to Ralph my new GTD! Came with 16 miles on it and won't be long increasing! As soon as it got home the washing, polishing and waxing process commenced! Autoglym HD wax was a great job and the results completely justify its purchase. Pity about the sh!tty weather today but time to go out and enjoy driving this baby!  :grin:

2012 - 2014 > White VW Polo 6R
2014 - Current > Red VW Golf MK7 GTD