Author Topic: Waiting times  (Read 2991 times)

Offline Shiner95

• Just got here
Waiting times
« on: 01 October 2014, 16:59 »
Hi, I'm new to this so pls be patient. Ordered a new R end of June. Still order is at at the factory being scheduled for production.
Anybody in the same boat have any update? Quite a high spec so may be cause for delay. Fed up with driving the wife's UP!
Great car but not an R.  :cry:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: Waiting times
« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2014, 07:27 »
I ordered an R for next March (2 weeks on Sat), and was told i'd timed it perfectly because there is a 5-6 month wait on them. Loads of time yet - you won't get a solid production build week until 3 weeks before it's due to be built, although your dealer should have a rough estimate. You might not get yours until Christmas if you ordered at the end of June (depending on how much R alloctaion your dealership has going spare).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Shiner95

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2014, 09:02 »
Thanks for the info. Longer than I had hoped but at least it gives me some clues. The dealer has contacted VW UK as it would seem to be longer than quoted. I don't understand the dealer slots for an R. Would appreciate clarification on that one.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 02 October 2014, 10:49 »
Thanks for the info. Longer than I had hoped but at least it gives me some clues. The dealer has contacted VW UK as it would seem to be longer than quoted. I don't understand the dealer slots for an R. Would appreciate clarification on that one.

The way I see it is:
The dealer slots are not solely for the R but right across the range.
A dealer can't just order 20 Golf R's when 20 customers walk in and want to buy one.
They are given an allotted amount per month that they can order through VW.
So say that is 4 Golf R's a month and they have already sold 10 and you walk in to buy one. That would mean this month and next months allocation had already gone so you would be in the following months.

That is one of the reasons why your wait can be so long.

It will be exactly the same as with lower spec models but i would guess they would have more slots for these.

Some dealers will be up front and tell you where in the queue you are whereas others will blatantly lie in order to get that deal.

I'd imagine that dealers that sell through brokers will have higher allocations but because of the amount of cars they order it will all be relative.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Shiner95

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 02 October 2014, 13:33 »
Ok thanks for that. I did order thru a broker. Will have to wait and see I guess. I'm driving the wife's UP! at the moment,
great city car but not an R! Will come back when I have an update.

Offline Shiner95

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 05 October 2014, 16:36 »
Hi, have on Golf R update from VW UK via dealer, quote, due to supply problems and production change week 45 delivery expected early 2015!!!!!! :cry: Have had BMWs since 98, is this a big mistake??????
« Last Edit: 06 October 2014, 12:32 by Shiner95 »

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 06 October 2014, 12:44 »
We are currently on week 41 so week 45 is only 4 weeks away, the first week in November. You could easily pick it up by the end of the November / beginning of December.

What does the VW tracker tell you? It should be changing to build week confirmed soon.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Shiner95

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 06 October 2014, 15:53 »
VW tracker is still order in factory currently being scheduled for production. Ive had 2 txt and emails today saying the same thing. Bit strange! End of November would be good news, however the dealer is saying delivery early 2015.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 06 October 2014, 15:56 »
VW tracker is still order in factory currently being scheduled for production. Ive had 2 txt and emails today saying the same thing. Bit strange! End of November would be good news, however the dealer is saying delivery early 2015.

I've also had 2 texts and 2 emails today telling me my stage has moved - to stage 2.  It's been at stage 2 for a month now, so I'm unsure of why I've received these status "changes"  :rolleyes:  - maybe VW are on a wind up day  :grin: Anyway, decided to phone VWCS to investigate - and my BW has moved from 4 to 3 - cheeeeers!

If you ordered June you should be taking delivery by Xmas - it is indeed a 6 month wait in general.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Shiner95

• Just got here
« Reply #9 on: 06 October 2014, 17:32 »
Thanks for that. Thats interesting that you phoned VWCS what is the phone no?