Author Topic: Just about to order MK7 GTI, 3door. Comments please!  (Read 6580 times)

Offline CraigW

• I live here
Re: Just about to order MK7 GTI, 3door. Comments please!
« Reply #10 on: 22 September 2014, 16:04 »
Can anyone give me any actual GTI info though!  :laugh:

I've read a lot of reviews, some mixed. But i like to get an actual insight into people who have owned them personally, much more reliable

It's a great overall package. It looks goods, has decent amount of power, is very practical, handles superbly and the level of standard equipment is fantastic.

Does the PP add to the overall experience, probably not unless your hammering it round corners. However, for an extra £1k your getting a LSD, 10bhp, bigger brakes, red callipers and most importantly the feeling that you have ordered the best GTI.

I can't comment on the sound package as I only have the standard set up but it's still very good. Keyless entry is one option I couldn't live without, you should consider it.

Offline mikehull89

• Just got here
« Reply #11 on: 22 September 2014, 16:17 »
Thats great, cheers.

I was considering Keyless entry, something I will be thinking about.

How does the fuel do when you are city driving? On the PP, i also read somewhere and had it mentioned to me that it could help on resale too.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 22 September 2014, 16:31 »
Thats great, cheers.

I was considering Keyless entry, something I will be thinking about.

How does the fuel do when you are city driving? On the PP, i also read somewhere and had it mentioned to me that it could help on resale too.

City driving probably round 30mpg. Motorway can be 35-38 approx. PP is one of the few options that will hold its value on the 2nd hand market.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 22 September 2014, 17:42 »

I've read a lot of reviews, some mixed. But i like to get an actual insight into people who have owned them personally, much more reliable
I haven't test driven a mk7 gti but I've had 4 gti's 1 mk2 1 mk5 and 2 mk6's and all have been a joy to own and drive, I think the first option I would be ticking would be the PP not for resale value but knowing I had got the best gti there is. Hope these thoughts help and good luck in your purchase  :smiley:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline iandjm

• Here all the time
« Reply #14 on: 22 September 2014, 17:52 »

I love mine!  Went for the adaptive suspension, heated screen/advanced phone and Dynaudio.  Pleased with all options, especially the adaptive suspension.

Ian
2017 MY Golf R 3dr DSG | Lapiz Blue | Dynaudio | Heated Screen | Advanced Phone | Sat Nav | Winter Pack

Offline Leglessracing

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 22 September 2014, 20:20 »
My GTI with performance pack is amazing! I love it. I will also be using it on track and it's much preferred over the R.

The performance pack is well worth the money. The LSD is the big thing in the pack. The only other upgrades I went for is the phone connectivity and climatic windscreen. I can use it all day every day, and after getting a stage 1 Revo map it will happily do town mpg at around 37 depending on how much of a lunitic your being

Also, before ordering use www.carwow.co.uk I am disabled and used car wow first, got 8% off of the car and then was aloud to save the vat due to my condition whether I took it on tick or paid outright for it. I don't know if this is applicable to your circumstance?

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #16 on: 22 September 2014, 20:39 »
15 months and 16k.
Perfect car for me, makes me smile every single time I drive it... or even just look at it.

The R has a tiny boot and the looks are nothing special. Thirsty also but the worst thing is no tartan seats....
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline marnie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 22 September 2014, 23:38 »
Love everything about my GTI. Chose a sunroof over the PP and don't regret it. The few times I need a satnav my Tomtom suffices so I have the CMS sytem and the sound is just fine. Did a spirited 100 mile run around Essex B roads the other week and got 37.4 mpg which I thought was pretty good.
Mk7 GTI 5 Dr

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 23 September 2014, 09:45 »
Even thought I'm chopping in for an R, the GTI is an amazing car.  Performance pack is so worth it, not only for resale but for the handling, calipers etc.  If you can afford it, I would also say the DNS Pro is excellent, even though I don't have it (wife has it on her GTD).  Dynaudio is also great value for money.  I also prefer the 19" Santiagos, but that's only because the standard 18's look like the Monza's off the Mk 5 and 6, of which I had both, so I fancied a change alloys wise.  The standards still look the nuts.

Consumption wise I get less than some of the others on here (on average 31-32) but I do have a lead foot so that may be something to do with it.

I love driving it every day even now after a year.  It's a great car.  I still get looks now when driving around town, it stands out without being too flashy :smiley:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline pjr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 23 September 2014, 15:40 »
I didn't choose the PP as I probably don't drive my car hard enough to get the benefit of it, and to justify the extra £1k.

Fuel economy is a steady 35mpg (both on trip computer and manually recorded), with around 30mpg in town, and high 30s/low 40s on a longer run. e.g. Trip to Glasgow and back at the weekend, using ACC nearly all the way returned 41mpg.

Very comfortable seats, and the non-DCC suspension is a good balance between ride & handling.

I only added the Discover Nav & Winter Pack as the rest of the equipment I wanted/needed was already standard. Everyone has their own opinions of must have optional equipment, but only you can really decide.
Tornado Red Golf GTI 5 Door (220PS) - Discover Nav, Winter Pack, Mudflaps & Service Plan (Built BW11 & collected 5th April 2014)

Spritmonitor Fuel Economy :