Author Topic: New Eibach Sportline 50/40mm Kit  (Read 7304 times)

Offline sevengti

• Not said much yet
Re: New Eibach Sportline 50/40mm Kit
« Reply #10 on: 30 July 2014, 10:29 »

« Last Edit: 30 July 2014, 10:31 by sevengti »

Offline sevengti

• Not said much yet

Offline phazer

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 11 October 2014, 18:38 »
Care to translate for us non German speakers?  :wink: Google makes a right mess of it....

Offline LimestoneGTI

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 12 October 2014, 07:13 »
Eibach offers the so called Pro Kit as well which only lowers the car in a very subtle way and gives it a bit of a tapered form ( I am not sure if tapered is actually the right word, but thats what leo.org told me).  :smug: Car basically is a bit lower at the front than at the back.

Got the kit installed since a couple of days:

Before:

After:

Greetings from Germany  :smiley:

Offline sevengti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 12 October 2014, 08:55 »
Care to translate for us non German speakers?  :wink: Google makes a right mess of it....

...and my English is too bad.  :sad:
But very important is at installing the rear suspension  (no 16 in this photo report) the fact , that a lot of people are fixing everything at the rearssuspension , while the wheels and the suspension hanging loose down, which is definetely wrong because than you have the problem that you have tension at the bushes, pistonrod + seals when the car gets back on the ground.  And the result is a much too firm ride + not enough lowering at the rear. So it is important not to fix everything tight untill  the weight of the car is "damping down" the suspension.

The author at the report ( a Bilstein Suspension Expert ) describes the ride / setup of the combination of these Eibach Sportline springs a "much more agil and more sporty but without loosing much comfort.."

In general , donĀ“t forget that with the GTI suspension you have to reduce the Eibach lowering data by the approx 20mm of the GTI works lowering.

Offline phazer

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 12 October 2014, 10:12 »
Don't worry, your english is more than good enough  :cool:

Thanks for the explanation, gives an idea of what the write up is covering.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #16 on: 12 October 2014, 11:46 »
Eibach offers the so called Pro Kit as well which only lowers the car in a very subtle way and gives it a bit of a tapered form ( I am not sure if tapered is actually the right word, but thats what leo.org told me).  :smug: Car basically is a bit lower at the front than at the back.

Got the kit installed since a couple of days:

Before:

After:

Greetings from Germany  :smiley:

I thought that the pro kit gave roughly the same lowering front and rear? It's the sportline setup that lowers the front more than the rear. In fact I think I'm right in saying both kits lower the rear the same but the sportline kit lowers the front more.

Just out of interest, what colour were your springs?

Black = Pro kit
Red = Sportline

Looking at sportlines for mine, had them on my last car and loved them!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline LimestoneGTI

• Just got here
« Reply #17 on: 12 October 2014, 12:41 »
Gnasher: The springs were black, so it was definitely the Pro Kit. ;)

Sportsline comes much deeper than in my pictures. If I remember correctly up to 5 cm.

With the Pro Kit you get around 3 cm at the front and 2 cm at the rear hence the tapered look.

It might be a bit different if you got a 4 door car as there is more weight at the rear, so it might look a bit more even.