Author Topic: Reddy, mk3 :)  (Read 26021 times)

Offline luke

• I live here
  • When in doubt, whip it out!
Re: Reddy, mk3 :)
« Reply #30 on: 11 September 2010, 20:31 »
They'll be the same won't they? my 1.4 had the wheat / oaty coloured seats in them
hers are black seats going by the photos
1985 mk2 gti type 19 8v
2018 t roc sel 1.6tdi

Offline TalisaJade

• Here all the time
« Reply #31 on: 13 September 2010, 16:41 »
UPDATE > > > >

crap pics again, as off my phone! really need to get proper camera out more!

check out the rust!! dear big bro : this is what happens when u pull your boot handle off and stick it back on with filler! ... dad cracked the numberplate gettin screws out of it, literally crumbled off from the actual boot but were stuck in numberplate... good job was gettin pressed plates anyway, cant really see the crack in the pics so will do for now...

new boot fitted, gonna leave it couple days & polish it up to be nice & shiny like the rest of poor Reddy!! no rust whatsoever :) so happy! sprayed the boot handle too, and the push bit... minus vw badge... gonna remove the golf cl bit, or spray it black not sure which yet...

complete wi black vw badge :)

LEFT TO DO > > > >

> buy new mirrors and sell the ones we bought new and sprayed red, as they DONT BLOODY FIT... because dad didnt check :/...
> pressed plates
> go lowerrrr :)
> rear spoiler (only a teeny one)
> smoked side repeaters, rears, headlights and front indicators/fogs
> MAYBE new interior, not sure on that one yet, want everything else before that!
Go & f**k Yourself To Whoever Reads This!

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #32 on: 13 September 2010, 19:43 »
Coming along nicely, and I like your plans :cool:

Grab a GTi spoiler and remove the bolts, then use sikaflex or tiger seal or the like to glue it on. If your color coding your mirrors I suggest you color code your spoiler. I have a genuine GTi spoiler in flash red lying around I think, if yours is flash red and I can find the spoiler, then its for sale :D

Cheapo coilovers will be ideal. £160ish off ebay. Make sure you get new top mounts (VR6 ones) when fitting them.

GTI rear lights are smoked and your can pick up smoked front blanks/indicators and side indicators cheap nowadays. Try eurowagens.com - also might be worth grabbing a VR6 front splitter from them too.

Only grab the GTI interior if its going cheap, I got mine off ebay for £5 too and its in very good condition!

I will see if I can find some piccies of my car when it was red so you can see the spoiler, etc. Your plans are similar to what my car looked like.

Offline TalisaJade

• Here all the time
« Reply #33 on: 13 September 2010, 19:51 »
Thanks hun :)
Yeah was gonna glue it on,that's what other ppl have done,if its only small it will hold won't it... And as for the seats I keep lookin but not too bothered about seats just yet,unless I can pick up a set cheap!
Was gonna go really chavved up,lexus lights,angel eyes etc,but can't afford it really and the smoked ones make it look a bit meaner I think :)
Apart from paintwork I don't know what else to do with it,was gonna get roof n bonnet wrapped,a few lads on ere do it don't they,looks quite good!
And the coilovers bit... Was jus gonna get springs cos cheaper,and with it bein ma first project kinda thing n all that,but been on ebay an thers a set on ther for like 70quid brand new,but it says spring coilover kit,and says its adjustable so is that springs or coilovers? I don't understand it,dads gonna fit it but he's not sure what's what until he gets it??

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #34 on: 13 September 2010, 19:55 »

Coilovers all the way, springs won't go low enough. If you buy springs, you will only end up buying coilovers later. With coilovers the height is adjustable, so you can set the height exactly how you want - preferably scraping the ground :cool:

Shame your so far away, as I do vinyl wraps for a living!

Offline TalisaJade

• Here all the time
« Reply #35 on: 13 September 2010, 20:22 »
that is a bit of a shame as really fancy havin it done! how much do u do it for? just black on bonnet and roof...

just looked at those ones on ebay again but they for a 1.8 gti, only want em for standard 1.4 but they dont do em, have messaged the seller, as its a shop they do loadsa different ones, but all the others are 180+ so dont know why the 1.8 gti ones are only 70 plus p+p?! odd... dont wanna go too low though as its sittin on 17s... feels a bit dodgy drivin it, like the wheels r slippin, all have month old tyres on, mint tread, so dont know what it is, maybe its just cos of the size of the wheels?! or does it need trackin? i think it feels really strange to drive, slips all over the place, dad drove it and said it didnt feel much different, and that it might just be me gettin used to the wheels?! any help on that one?!

that car is mint, it quite similar to what i was thinkin, you shouldnt have put them on, i feel like im copyin u now, even though ive never seen it before, and my idea was my own!!! lol

Offline Dmonday

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 13 September 2010, 21:23 »
:D i can see arch gap there alex! ;) and that red gti spolier would look sweet on your car Talisa :)

Dan

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #37 on: 13 September 2010, 22:00 »
All Mk2/Mk3 suspension is the same (same fitment). I can't stress enough that that you got to get coilovers!

Get your alignment checked and check your bushes.

Its cool, I know its your idea, I won't tell anyone your copying :D

New coilies coming soon Dan, then more lows!

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 17 September 2010, 18:56 »
I swear by shock and spring kits, nice and cheap and i aint bothered about going too low, i like to keep it practical.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #39 on: 19 September 2010, 11:10 »
I swear by shock and spring kits, nice and cheap and i aint bothered about going too low, i like to keep it practical.

Hey, are you saying Dan's Wagon isn't practical? :D