Author Topic: Best pressure washer & snow foam lance combo??  (Read 5323 times)

Offline Nino

• I live here
Best pressure washer & snow foam lance combo??
« on: 21 May 2014, 07:12 »
Hey guys, i'll be 30 in July  :cry: and the misses is asking what I want, and the only thing I can honestly think of is cleaning products  :grin:

But I have always had my eye on a pressure washer and snow foam combo but If i get one I want a decent setup but I don't want it to cost her a fortune ether lol

Now I don't know alot about these kind of things but I have been having a look about and Halfords seem to have a decnt deal on a Karcher K2 see link below.
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_1045980_langId_-1_categoryId_255231

I was thinking of getting a Autobrite Snow Foam Lance (If i can find one) to go with this but I am unclear if it would fit onto the above Karcher pressure washer.

Im after advice here, I am sure you lot may know of a better combo or you might even know that the combo im thinking of isnt good enough??

I await your reply's  :nerd:
VW Car history
Mk3 1.8 GL - Silver - 5 door
Mk4 1.8t - Silver - 3 door
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door
Mk4 R32 - Deep Pearl Blue - 3 door
MK6 2.0 TDI - Graphite Blue - 5 door
MK7 GTD - Solid Black - 5 door
MK6 GTi Edition 35 - Candy White - 3 door

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
Re: Best pressure washer & snow foam lance combo??
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2014, 07:41 »
I have the k2 and its not POWERFULL like some. I know someone who has karcher and a nilsfisk. And he ratee nilfisk (if spelt correctly) for snow foam you need a PROPER snow foam lance. Not the one halfords sells you wont get proper snowfoam. It will be watery snow foam. You can buy the snow foam lance from ebay for £35+
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2014, 08:20 »
Any decent pressure washer will do the job and it doesn't need to be that powerful.  Karcher or Nilfisk are good.

Make sure you get the right fitting for your snow foam lance to match your make of pressure washer, i.e if you got Karcher PW, get Karcher lance fitment etc.

Autobrite snow foam lances are good as are most ones you'll find on detailing websites.  These Karcher K series ones are also good but obviously only for Karcher K PW's.
http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/ultimate-snow-foam/karcher-k-series-ultimate-snow-foam-lance-new-and-improved.aspx
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2014, 08:34 »
I've got a Nilfisk one. It has a nice feature that I didn't realise until I'd bought it. You can turn the lance separately to the trigger, meaning you don't have to twist your trigger wrist when you want to spray at different angles, say for getting under the arches. My Dad has a Karcher and the lance is fixed. It feels quite awkward to use now having got used to my Nilfisk.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Nino

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2014, 10:10 »
Very interesting comments guys, i was only thinking karcher because its the only brand i know. Anyone got more details on these nilfek ones or however u spell them?
VW Car history
Mk3 1.8 GL - Silver - 5 door
Mk4 1.8t - Silver - 3 door
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door
Mk4 R32 - Deep Pearl Blue - 3 door
MK6 2.0 TDI - Graphite Blue - 5 door
MK7 GTD - Solid Black - 5 door
MK6 GTi Edition 35 - Candy White - 3 door

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2014, 10:52 »
I've got a Nilfisk one. It has a nice feature that I didn't realise until I'd bought it. You can turn the lance separately to the trigger, meaning you don't have to twist your trigger wrist when you want to spray at different angles, say for getting under the arches. My Dad has a Karcher and the lance is fixed. It feels quite awkward to use now having got used to my Nilfisk.

I like the sound of that.  What model of Nilfisk is it dubber?  I'm in the market for a replacement pressure washer myself soon and that would be a handy feature to have. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 21 May 2014, 12:45 »
karcher all day long as they are regularly updating attachments etc. personally I wouldn't waste my money on a special lance for £50 when the £15 karcher one does the same job. Lances with a brass fittings should be cleaned regularly too which I believe can be a pain of a job.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 21 May 2014, 13:04 »
What model of Nilfisk is it dubber?  I'm in the market for a replacement pressure washer myself soon and that would be a handy feature to have.

This one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-C120-X-Tra-Pressure-Washer/dp/B00AGD5KMO/ref=sr_1_6?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1400673540&sr=1-6&keywords=nilfisk+c120
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
« Reply #8 on: 21 May 2014, 14:36 »
karcher all day long as they are regularly updating attachments etc. personally I wouldn't waste my money on a special lance for £50 when the £15 karcher one does the same job. Lances with a brass fittings should be cleaned regularly too which I believe can be a pain of a job.

i have the £15 karcher lance and its in the back of the storage room as its CRAP!! you dont have no adjustments on it at all. Well worth £35+ for a better lance. To clean it all you realy do is empty the foam lance bottle and fill it with warm water and just rinse it all over the car. Simple as that realy
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 21 May 2014, 15:48 »
What model of Nilfisk is it dubber?  I'm in the market for a replacement pressure washer myself soon and that would be a handy feature to have.

This one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-C120-X-Tra-Pressure-Washer/dp/B00AGD5KMO/ref=sr_1_6?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1400673540&sr=1-6&keywords=nilfisk+c120

ive got this one also, very often appears as a amazon lightning deal i paid 69.99 for it really good machine.