Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 427024 times)

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Re: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO
« Reply #2610 on: 24 July 2012, 21:38 »
« Last Edit: 24 July 2012, 23:46 by barrym381 »

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2611 on: 25 July 2012, 23:40 »
Engine almost back together now, found a few split pipes under the intake that id not long ago replaced...so iv ordered Forge ones for this area as its very hard to get to once the intake and front end of car is fitted..

this is probably why the car has not been holding boost as it should do.. their was 2 pipes with very big splits

Head is back on car, cam belt fitted, oil pump on etc

Ben fitted a New Crank seal (bas tard of a job) as my old one was leaking slightly

just got Sump to fit tomo, and hopefully the silicone pipes will arrive so  can fit the Intake

then its just the ECU to sort, and i need a oil return line from MTM plus the adapter to make my TIP fit the Bigger Turbo inlet and then get my Downpipe mock up made up and heat wrapped

Turbo on the car

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline brett

• I live here
« Reply #2612 on: 25 July 2012, 23:56 »
good effort and quick turn around as always ,as i've said before if i had half the motivation u had i'd be well happy and so would the car lol,its slowly coming back with the help of  you and other fellow members putting in the effort
keep up the good work mate  :cool:
be good to see this in the flesh ,how fars stockport from leeds lol

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2613 on: 25 July 2012, 23:58 »
cheers mate, and not far at all. you should come to VW Festival - leeds Aug 19th :wink:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline brett

• I live here
« Reply #2614 on: 26 July 2012, 00:01 »
cant working  :sad:,but gonna be visiting my bro in stockport last week in august ,was gonna see if i could catch some members while up that way lol

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2615 on: 26 July 2012, 01:27 »
Good progress bud and glad you spotted what's causing boost issues!!! Split pipes.... damn things.

I'm thinking of integrated engineering rods when I hybrid my turbo.

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2616 on: 26 July 2012, 16:53 »
Hey kells, just curious as to how much you paid originally for your Engine and loom etc? If you dont mind saying?

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #2617 on: 26 July 2012, 17:11 »
Hey kells, just curious as to how much you paid originally for your Engine and loom etc? If you dont mind saying?
be better buyin a smashed s3 then sellin the bit you dont use as you prob need a couple of extra bit from it  :smiley:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2618 on: 26 July 2012, 17:31 »
paid quite a lot for mine as it was the full set up and only covered 40 ish thousand miles

i could have bought a full S3 with high miles for the price i paid. i only wanted a AMK or BAM engine too and not the earlier APY which isn't as good

not a cheap game this  :lipsrsealed:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2619 on: 28 July 2012, 18:11 »
Well thae engine is back in 1 piece again now but ill save the propper update for when iv got the final bits done, these are the Downpipe welded up and ECU back from MTM

in the meantime i fitted the Forged uprated hoses for those very weak pipes which ar elocated under the inlet manifold..  iv changed these 3 times now with OEM items which cant take the boost.. Mine were split very badly loosing me boost!! which i had noticed via the turbo gauge in the car

also got another sump made as the last one was just about through again (has been impressive the strength)

then Got my good friend MJ (interiors) to turn this old Annie gearknob i got hold of

into this

final update on New Turbo upgrade coming very soon   :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/