Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 427044 times)

Offline jinx

• Not said much yet
Re: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO
« Reply #2530 on: 02 July 2012, 19:12 »
Arrgh,  i'm so jelly of this car, it's so clean and tidy, and i bet it drives so sweet.

Mine looks a r8 mess compared

You've got me dreamin now,  gotta get me a new gearbox like urs, mine's still a DPA with just a peloquin diff :/

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #2531 on: 02 July 2012, 19:15 »
It will be the first according to MTM :smiley:
As u know, Iv spoke to them today regarding my set up toask a few questions

All the S3's that were fitted with this set up were done in house and not many were done, it cost a staggering £6500 plus fitting :shocked:
My kit is even rarer as it has the very sought after. K24 7200 hybrid turbo

@wolverline, the techical director says the Clearance with this kit versus the standard K04 set up is about the same, so I should have no issues (I hope)

That is outrageously priced. Surely they must have seen the mugs coming who bought that! What were they buying for 6.5k exactly?

How/where did you source yours from? Hope you didn't pay that much for it...More than most cars!!!!

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2532 on: 02 July 2012, 19:54 »
Yeah that price is ridiculous, the MTM brand is very big tho and I guess it's that what u pay for and also the fact it was approved by Audi (and still is)
It also uses all genuine Audi parts believe it or not apart from the parts MTM fabricated up like the Downpipe. And charge pipe

For the money I you get

Turbo ( as Iv said mine is the uber sought after item which is about 2.5k new)
MTM hi flow manifold
Big RS2 type Audi waste gate
Custom Downpipe with twin race cats
Ecu upgrade
Big injectors
Aload of pipe work and stuff
Warranty approved

Iv probably missed a few bits as Iv got all sorts with it

My mate MJ of Mj interiors got the kit from a guy who had crashed his S3. I had been trying to get him to sell me if for ages
He has just put his money into another business for his wife
Price was just toooooo cheap to pass on

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #2533 on: 02 July 2012, 21:23 »
looking forward to seeing the pics of this being fitted and the results  :wink:

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #2534 on: 02 July 2012, 21:43 »
Going to be both awesome and a complete handfull.

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #2535 on: 02 July 2012, 22:13 »
So it comes with a warrantee...Winner!!  :laugh:

I thought it was just the hardware of the turbo...Didn't realise it was all of the above mentioned. Probs a good deal then :smiley:

Kells...you keep mentioning all of this Audi approved, genuine Audi parts etc...BUT you own a VW  :wink: :laugh:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2536 on: 02 July 2012, 22:19 »
will be a handful, it is now never mind then  :laugh: however the Gearbox has really sorted things out..

cannot recommend a Limited slip diff enough.. would advise this to anyone before chasing more power

gotta collect a few little parts to refresh certain bits etc, plus associated bits ill need along the way when I'm changing the con rods and then the install will commence

looking forward to it

Car booked in at VW Leeds for a week on friday for full suspension alignment etc.. got a contact their and i want it doing right so seemed a good option

Scarr, yea u are right i keep forgetting its really a VW.. its just most the bits i buy for this car now are from Audi..  :laugh: 

the shell is just a mule really  :grin:

bloody good job one of the lads i know who worked in the VW parts Dept has moved to Audi Parts Dept.. ironic or what!

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #2537 on: 02 July 2012, 22:29 »
 :wink:

I am no expert here  :embarassed:, but does your car struggle/did it struggle with out the LSD because it was 'too' light for the power/engine. The S3 is a pretty mean piece of engineering compared to 'just a mk3 shell', if you get what I mean  :undecided:...You think the LSD has cleared up all of the problems?

How long for turbs fit? :smiley:

Also what is this contract you have, what sort of contracts can people hold with garages with cars that are half audi half dub apart from fixed term services?  :grin:

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #2538 on: 02 July 2012, 22:34 »
Kells...you keep mentioning all of this Audi approved, genuine Audi parts etc...BUT you own a VW  :wink: :laugh:

And the engines from a Seat :tongue:

Will be more of a beast once the turbos fitted and setup :evil:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2539 on: 02 July 2012, 22:36 »
i mean Contact as in people i know who work their so i can get good deals etc and well looked after

the car did handle the engine really well actually, obviously i have the suspension sorted, all new bushes etc and i have the Audi S3 braking with ceramic pads

its well sorted the only issue i has was wheel spin

Even at high speed (150 +) the car felt stable with no issues.. testament to the VW build..

the MK3 shell is good on aerodynamics (unlike the MK2 which is terrible over 100mph)

the Wavtrac Limited slip diff has transferred it further, so has the VR6 final Drive in the gearbox too.. the thing is just glued to the road

The S3 is a heavy car.. so the engine in the Golf feels like a completely different beast all together

yeap the same engine is the LCR and TT, AMK and BAMS, great units

should be a few weeks before i can fit it as i need to have my own down pipe fabricated as the S3 MTM one won't fit my golf shell, plus i don't run cats

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/