Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 426943 times)

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
Re: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO
« Reply #2350 on: 13 February 2012, 11:51 »
you only live once man and he makes you happy keep up the good work mate   :smiley:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2351 on: 13 February 2012, 18:43 »
As entertaining as ever

cheers to those who support!  :wink:

right, after chatting to my Mate Russ, we have decided to use the Gearbox that came off my dads old engine as they are much stronger thn the MK3 boxes.. the ratios are all the same as mine apart from the final drive which is shorter but I'm actually wanting to swap mine out for a VR6 FD so ill do that to the MK4 box and have the Quaiffe LSD fitted too.. this means i can run my car without taking it off the road while i sort the new box out

I also have the MK4 gear linkages etc too which ill be using and I'm gonna update the tower to the TT short shift while I'm at it

Here is the Box that is to gonna go from Zero to Hero :grin:

02J.. EMR code

will look like brand new soon as i shake my OCD stick at it  :laugh: :cool:

« Last Edit: 13 February 2012, 18:46 by F17BAD »

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
« Reply #2352 on: 13 February 2012, 21:17 »
Shorter final drive WILL piss you off, why dont you just wait for the right box to come up?

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2353 on: 13 February 2012, 21:28 »
Shorter final drive WILL piss you off, why dont you just wait for the right box to come up?

READ!!!! :grin:

the ratios are the exact same as my ABF box, apart from final drive.. i was going to change the final drive in my ABF box to a VR6 one anyhow as i feel its not long enough at the mo in 5th gear.. so i will put the VR final drive into the stronger MK4 box and it will be the exact same as what the ABF one would have been with the VR6 FD installed in it

I also know this MK4 box has had a very very easy life as it was in my dads car he had from new, plus i have the new style shifter which is much more precise than the MK3 type

will hang on to the ABF box as a spare tho

means i can prep the new box without taking the car off the road.. i was going to source another ABF box and do all this anyhow until i fond out the MK4 box is a better unit!  bit of a bonus really as i was gonna sell it

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #2354 on: 13 February 2012, 21:30 »
Damon. Are you a ugly boy?  :huh: just trying to understand where it all comes from?

Who the f**k is Damon?  :huh:

....your journey with the MK3 is nearly at an end.... get on with a MK2  :evil:
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2355 on: 13 February 2012, 22:52 »
been too busy lately for forums mate so not really seen

i don't get any hassle on ED38 tho, never have, everone seems to love what i am doing to the 3..

i think CGTI is the best site, theirs no bull sh!t over their, just people with a love for cars.. even non Vag.. i kind of like that about the site

shame this site has become what it has.. you would think people could respect the work thats gone into my Mk3.. even more so this is a daily drive.. even used in the snow and still cuts it with the best u will see in a show and shine!!!

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Lewy

• I live here
« Reply #2356 on: 13 February 2012, 23:16 »
Yes you're right, it is like a playground on here sometimes, but my mum always told me to ignore the bullies and the name callers (I was a damn good looking young man, they were jealous!) because in the end they get bored of the lack of retaliation, and fcuk off.

If you don't appreciate a comment made about you or your car, report it and one of us will try and do something about it.

Lewy
« Last Edit: 13 February 2012, 23:18 by Lewy »

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #2357 on: 13 February 2012, 23:22 »
who are you calling a numpty, douche bag ?

If you're gonna chat back at someone pointing out your spelling mistakes at least try and check your use of the English language the 2nd time.

Nick

Said Mr. Horney.  :grin: :kiss:

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2358 on: 13 February 2012, 23:24 »
lewy, cheers mate.. I'm not that bothered about the comments towards me or the car. I'm happy with the car and I'm confident with my self too

i just don't see the point  of the repeat ball bags comments form certain members.. not good for others to see and its cluttering up my dub ride thread i set up about the car..and not about my love for Adidas or thomas and his hate for everything thats me..

Thomas is a Moderator on here.. he posts up some really un called for crap.. my point is, you don't see me doing this on his threads.. i know you don't even need me to say this sh!t.. it does need to stop tho.
id rather him set up a thread elsewhere just aimed at slagin me off if thats what he wants rather than on this thread about the car build
Not arsed what his opinions are. we all already know them.

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Lewy

• I live here
« Reply #2359 on: 13 February 2012, 23:35 »
lewy, cheers mate.. I'm not that bothered about the comments towards me or the car. I'm happy with the car and I'm confident with my self too

Thank god for that, because I think you and your car have funny eyes!!   :laugh:   :wink: