Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 427085 times)

VW BUSH

Re: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO
« Reply #2340 on: 12 February 2012, 21:53 »
LSD (quaiffe)

decent strut braces

Big brake kit

and a really good map from carbon.. 

TBH i do like the car as it is.. i really do and i am scared that doing more will spoil it... i just have the itch and i wanna scratch it LOL

I remember you bought this car for £600 notes and was not going to do much to it except run it as an extension to your vinyl box.
Then every week you posted some little tweak or subtle mod making it into a very clean example of a MK3.
You never slagged off the 8v engine or the handling, but have now changed all of that.
Now I know Adam better than I know you but I am thinking this car will be another completely different animal in another 6 years, probably sitting in the garage next to your Swift unless you meet the afore mentioned Oak tree, take care Brad  :grin:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2341 on: 12 February 2012, 22:12 »
LSD (quaiffe)

decent strut braces

Big brake kit

and a really good map from carbon.. 

TBH i do like the car as it is.. i really do and i am scared that doing more will spoil it... i just have the itch and i wanna scratch it LOL

I remember you bought this car for £600 notes and was not going to do much to it except run it as an extension to your vinyl box.
Then every week you posted some little tweak or subtle mod making it into a very clean example of a MK3.
You never slagged off the 8v engine or the handling, but have now changed all of that.
Now I know Adam better than I know you but I am thinking this car will be another completely different animal in another 6 years, probably sitting in the garage next to your Swift unless you meet the afore mentioned Oak tree, take care Brad  :grin:

haha you seem to know how i roll very well and your not the 1st person to say all this

only time will tell i guess, the swift stayed because it was the first car i ever got, learnt to drive in and also mainly because it holds some very very special memories for me and some of my friends for things that happened in our past.
This includes the death of my best friend (aged 18 at the time)..

The Golf on the other hand also means a lot to me but for other reasons.. it was bought for the reasons you mention above originally and also because i was almost bankrupt at the time of purchase.. i lost my house to a Ex and i was in 30k debt, the golf was cheap and looked ok, it had 5 doors and was flat black with no rust.. and thats what i needed (5 doors for the Airport run for guest DJs i had booked for my events) i knew with my OCD i could make it look like a good un (for a mk3)

5 years on we are here. Iv almost fully rebuilt this car myself, the only part i didn't do is spray the paint on!, i did however build it back up and did the machine polishing. The car is like a part of me now and it would be hard to let it go
 it has been the best and most reliable VW iv had.. and as good a car in terms of reliability as the Swift always was.

what i like best abut this car tho is the way it always manages to put a smile on my face if I'm ever in a sh!te mood  :evil:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline tshirt2k

• I live here
  • Been there...Done that...
« Reply #2342 on: 12 February 2012, 22:20 »
Why are you explaining yourself mate?  :huh: Your sig says it all!

Mk3 ABF 16VT Megasquirt V3

Tshirt knows........ How to diagnose

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2343 on: 12 February 2012, 22:25 »
yeah.. why am i  :rolleyes: f**k it to the hate   :grin: :laugh:

will send you that part at dinner tomo mate, will give it  a clean for you before i send it  :cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #2344 on: 12 February 2012, 22:53 »
I'd do the LSD and leave it there mate, then start another project - Bog standard looks but a mad house under the bonnet - you do the petrol, we'll to the dirty derv?

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2345 on: 12 February 2012, 23:00 »
we have a MK2 GTI rolling shell.. needs a lot of work tho as it is very rough now. wanted to do something with that but i fear it could be too far gone

what sort of mad house you got in mind Craig  :laugh:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #2346 on: 12 February 2012, 23:52 »
Hey I wasn't hatting...just saying...

time will tell, I'm sure if you continue it will end to ways:

1 "This car is better than before so glad I done it...

or

2 "Boll*cks, wish I'd left the car as it was   :grin:

You've already made a incredible mk3, but if you can make it better good luck.

GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2347 on: 13 February 2012, 09:14 »

You've already made a incredible mk3, but if you can make it better good luck.

Thanks man :-)

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline tshirt2k

• I live here
  • Been there...Done that...
« Reply #2348 on: 13 February 2012, 11:11 »
Damon. Are you a ugly boy?  :huh: just trying to understand where it all comes from?

Mk3 ABF 16VT Megasquirt V3

Tshirt knows........ How to diagnose

Offline Jack3559

• I live here
« Reply #2349 on: 13 February 2012, 11:19 »
What about a set of these?