Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 427043 times)

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO
« Reply #2140 on: 14 November 2011, 20:42 »
What brakes set up have you got at the moment?

it has the Standard GTI set up 280mm with Mintex pads all round, mintex discs all round too, they are veery good and TBH cope perfect.. but after heavy braking from 150 MPH. the pads were smoking badly and more power means these deffo need a upgrade

disc size is fine, may go larger on these, deciding on either a Porsche Brembo set up or some Hi spec Calipers.. looking at close to 1k whatever way i go  :sad: :grin:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #2141 on: 14 November 2011, 21:09 »
loving the porsche brembo set up!! its a must..  :cool:

surprised the gti set up can deal with that amount of power  :shocked:

GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #2142 on: 14 November 2011, 21:11 »
I have the 288mm GTI set up and they area very good set up. Decent Ferrodo pads and Brembo discs stopped me very well at 110 to 0 and barely locked up and at the same time no fade.  :cool:

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #2143 on: 14 November 2011, 21:43 »
I have the 288mm GTI set up and they area very good set up. Decent Ferrodo pads and Brembo discs stopped me very well at 110 to 0 and barely locked up and at the same time no fade.  :cool:

How much did that set you back?  :shocked:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #2144 on: 14 November 2011, 21:49 »
I have the 288mm GTI set up and they area very good set up.

Yes but Brad is running more than twice the power you are so the comparison is pretty pointless, a 312mm setup would be better suited. I'm currently running less power than Brad but am looking at going to 312mm.

Decent Ferrodo pads and Brembo discs stopped me very well at 110 to 0 and barely locked up and at the same time no fade.  :cool:

They aren't too expensive, however 110mph from a 1.6 is optimistic to say the least :rolleyes:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2145 on: 14 November 2011, 22:14 »
i have a lot of power, but lighter than a MK4 or a S3 etc etc, it stops superb, but even when the map is done ill be pushing it never mind the Turbo upgrade..

its important to do this now as the car is only going up in power

in a nutshell, standard GTI set up is really good for what it is

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Bellend

• I live here
« Reply #2146 on: 15 November 2011, 08:15 »
I have the 288mm GTI set up and they area very good set up.

Yes but Brad is running more than twice the power you are so the comparison is pretty pointless, a 312mm setup would be better suited. I'm currently running less power than Brad but am looking at going to 312mm.

Decent Ferrodo pads and Brembo discs stopped me very well at 110 to 0 and barely locked up and at the same time no fade.  :cool:

They aren't too expensive, however 110mph from a 1.6 is optimistic to say the least :rolleyes:

Comparison is fine, it's the same car and nearly pointing out mjy views on said set up. Probably a similar weight with my tools in the back too. Just cause it has more power doesn't mean anything at the same speeds. Obviously 150mph braking will warrent the upgrade.

GPS, downhill. Speedometers said something like 123 or something.

Where all my moneys went.

Golf MK3 1.6. Golf MK3 8v GTI.

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #2147 on: 15 November 2011, 13:09 »
I have 288 on the mk4 with goodridge hoses for front, mid and rear brake setup. Mintex all around and uprated brake fluid.

All in all brilliant setup, but on a very spirited drive no locking or squiggy brakes, but pads do smoke due to the heat involved. The mk4 is heavier so the brakes have to work harder even with 200bhp. Non the less a good setup.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2148 on: 15 November 2011, 13:24 »
I have the G60 setup on mine, which is a 4 stud version of the GTI, so the same. I have the goodridge hoses and standard pads and discs and the setup is pretty damn good for what it is. I haven't felt the need for better brakes tbh.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #2149 on: 15 November 2011, 21:30 »
agree with all of the above  :smiley:

Coming hime from working on the MK2 tonight, i hit a fox that was in the road. it was hit by the car in front of me.. i couldn't do anything but hit it as cars were on the other side of the road and i didn't have time to brake plus their was cars behind me..

I have no damage, apart from some damage to the splitter.. now has a visible split. but I'm not so bothered about that, i just feel awful. Could feel it under the car and it was dragged... lots of blood... not feeling good TBH.. poor fox  :sad:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/