Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 427102 times)

Offline mellow yellow

• I live here
  • A Driffield Dubber!
Re: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO
« Reply #1830 on: 14 August 2011, 20:04 »
shame you couldnt get into show and shine bud. i kept an eye out for your car, now i know why i didnt see it.

i was up at 7:30 and there was plenty of cars making their way over to the show area.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1831 on: 14 August 2011, 20:33 »
i was very pissed off mate, iv hardly slept, eaten, or seen my GF for 3 days getting this car ready for it!!  i went round all the cars in the show and shine, was shocked t see stickers covering rust and rust bubbles on arches (red mk 3), paint runs, dusty interiors, filthy wheels and rust on all 4 arches, broken indicator lights that were filthy and peeling paint (silver mk 3 which had a sticker saying GTI international show and shine winnder 2011 :shocked:)

then their was a seat arosa which was a absolute shed...  i could go on...   

was a few nice cars but theirs like 10 runner ups and 2 x high recomended... some cars will have gone with awards they are not fit for whilst others that were worthy were left out in the car parks!!

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #1832 on: 14 August 2011, 20:46 »
i was very pissed off mate, iv hardly slept, eaten, or seen my GF for 3 days getting this car ready for it!!  i went round all the cars in the show and shine, was shocked t see stickers covering rust and rust bubbles on arches (red mk 3), paint runs, dusty interiors, filthy wheels and rust on all 4 arches, broken indicator lights that were filthy and peeling paint (silver mk 3 which had a sticker saying GTI international show and shine winnder 2011 :shocked:)

then their was a seat arosa which was a absolute shed...  i could go on...   

was a few nice cars but theirs like 10 runner ups and 2 x high recomended... some cars will have gone with awards they are not fit for whilst others that were worthy were left out in the car parks!!

This is always the way with show and shine though, early bird catches the trophy. SOme shows have pre-booking though which works better for those not doing a full weekend.

Nick

Offline Rob_g60

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1833 on: 14 August 2011, 20:47 »
looks awesome mate, nice work
Black MK3 Golf VR6

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
« Reply #1834 on: 14 August 2011, 20:53 »
 you,ve done a awesome job mate nicest mk3 by far  :cool:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1835 on: 14 August 2011, 20:54 »
Cheers Rob  - thought i saw you at the show, your car i mean, their was a almost identical looking mk3 with some club  :cool:

horney, yeah pre book would have been good.

Daz - thanks alot man  :wink: :cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline CCGTI

• I live here
  • Fueled Society
« Reply #1836 on: 14 August 2011, 20:57 »
You should of argued your corner more kells, did you tell them what it was running, Think next year we need a GolfGTI stand

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1837 on: 14 August 2011, 21:12 »
You should of argued your corner more kells, did you tell them what it was running, Think next year we need a GolfGTI stand

first guy wanted to let me in and he made radio contact with somebody who said it was at capacity and no more cars can enter!!  didnt tell him what the engine was or anything

i didnt see a engine as clean as mine, their was another black mk3 with same lump (was dusty as f**k) and a corrado had a APX TT lump which looks similar to mine and that was filthy

was pretty shocked mate - i remember the what you was saying about quality when your up close and you were right.. 

deffo need golfGTI stand, its a crime their was not one

i could have got the car in if i had put it in forsale section - wish i had done this now

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline CCGTI

• I live here
  • Fueled Society
« Reply #1838 on: 14 August 2011, 21:19 »
Plenty of more shows and shizzle, I got up at 5.30 as i couldnt sleep and me and novak was watching people polishing there cars at 6 in the morning

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #1839 on: 14 August 2011, 21:27 »
i was speaking to him, where the hell was you hiding out ??

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/