Author Topic: F17BAD G3 GTI. S3 TURBO  (Read 427024 times)

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
Re: KELLS, BLACK G3 GTI..
« Reply #650 on: 14 January 2011, 12:51 »
chhers Adam matey :cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #651 on: 14 January 2011, 12:55 »
Yer get the setup I mentioned put a k03s or a k03s hybrid and you will see 250 bhp.. I would use standard management it's easy and is more than good enough for what you want..

Qpeng is just fancy management lol.. Hybrid I would get custom map as generic hybrid maps are not the best from what I've read..
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #652 on: 14 January 2011, 13:18 »
Qpeng is just fancy management lol

No, it's dumb-f*ck management which is only implemented by those too scared of the wiring involved in putting the OEM management into the transplanted car.

Basically any other after-market ECU and set up will be superior.

For the fantasy engine that's being bandied about you need to spend time on the rollers with a mapper, so it needs to be decided which ECU will be used at the point of choosing a mapper, as they all have their preferences, or just put OEM management on a tweaked motor and hope it can suck up the changes you make and accommodate it.

'sending off a map' to have it tweaked by a big name is just nonsense - they pour money into developing generic maps that run closer to key safety margins, using the standard motor and OEM ECU.  Mapping for anything away from OEM spec needs the car on the rollers, with the ability to change the map on the fly to suit the variables - this is all maths and figures, which is why Brad's struggling - he probably wants a 'seat of the pants' map that feels really exciting yet has no actual base in figures.

The spec to the mapper sounds like it'll be 'just turn it all up to 11'.  :grin:  So rock 'n' roll.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #653 on: 14 January 2011, 14:00 »
this may be of interest to you.

my friend does remaps (generic and tweaked generic stuff, uses genius and kess ) but the bloke who does his programming is based in York and had a rolling road for custom maps. he is very experienced and i am sure he would do a great job on your car. pm me if you want his number

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #654 on: 14 January 2011, 14:36 »
Lewis, wha tis his name ??

i had my swift GTI tuned in york and mapped, Alwyn kershaws it was called, bloody good place did wonders with my swift. Really knew their sh!t, itsd now been made into a car sales place and no tuning :cry:

Thomas, when they did the swift, they did use the rolling road loads to get the map right as non of the generic ones as you call them worked for my car, it was superchips that did it and it took them almost a full day to get it right. iv always used superchips and its never give me any hassle hence why id like to stick with a brand i trust ? is that such a issue ?

im no expert unlike you, im not really that bothered about been one either i just want a reliable 250 or HP as the car is a daily hack, not no track car etc

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #655 on: 14 January 2011, 14:37 »
Yer get the setup I mentioned put a k03s or a k03s hybrid and you will see 250 bhp.. I would use standard management it's easy and is more than good enough for what you want..

Qpeng is just fancy management lol.. Hybrid I would get custom map as generic hybrid maps are not the best from what I've read..

yeah mate sound advice, cheers for that :smiley:

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #656 on: 16 January 2011, 15:22 »
May aswell add this little clip in here too, i took this for dom, as he now has magnex on his MK3

pretty poitless really seen as this engine is coming out soon, but here it is, revved to 2.5k ish, Magnex Cat back with no centre box on a 8v lump (maybe a usefull video for potential owners of magnex/centre box removal people)

P.S you can also hear the induction noise from the K&N 57i, and also the common and annoying rattle on the front heatsheld plus seen as it was pissing it down, you can hear that too :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0WyBujWKmU

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline dazzawest1987

• I live here
« Reply #657 on: 16 January 2011, 18:18 »
love your car mate, big fan of the porsche rims, :grin:
queston for you, how much did you pay for the pipe to replace the mid box? and where from, if you dont mind me asking.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #658 on: 16 January 2011, 18:50 »
Cheers dude

It was a couple of year ago now bvut i think it was around the £75 mark, it is infact 304 st/st and my mate who owns a powerflow dealer did the work.. the car runs alot better without the middle box

but keep in mind some powerflow dealers are very shoddy 

Not no ordinary GTI....

www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline dazzawest1987

• I live here
« Reply #659 on: 16 January 2011, 19:31 »
thought you were goin to say powerflow, and thats bout what i expected.
yea i've heard some are, theres one near where i work though and i know there good fortunately, used them before, so i'll go down there cheers mate