Author Topic: s14 200sx skid / track car  (Read 9351 times)

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: s14 200sx skid / track car
« Reply #10 on: 23 January 2013, 14:57 »
Love it!

Offline 16VWarby

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 18 March 2013, 14:26 »
Cheers Man :)

Few bits have been done over the last week, including a new stage 4 (6 puk ceramic) competition clutch, apex race gearbox mount, apex clutch damper delete line, r33 gtst skyline front brakes with purple do-luck power line braided hoses, ebc redstuff pads (soon to be ds2500's or carbon lorraine rc5 pads) and ebc discs fresh gearbox oil and once the mk5 is back from its service ill give this an oil change and a set of plugs.

Pics to follow.

Nissan 200sx s14 soon to be 350hp drift machine :D

2007 Golf Edition 30 DSG, weekend toy :D

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN  -  Isle of Man

Offline 16VWarby

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 18 May 2013, 19:35 »

Santa pod in october

Lifestyler sh!t...

Afterwards I found the tension rod rose joints were worn out (that's the full 4 arm kit in 12 months :/ ) so I decided to give the front a refurb.

New moog ball joints
New McGill Motorsport heavy duty tension rod rose joints
Tein steering arms & ends (originals were getting tired at both ends)
DW lower arm poly bushes
Fitted my 2nd hand whiteline front arb waiting on new drop links
Painted wheel well, lower arms & tension rods black.

Rear end refurb is up next as I've a few bushes on the way out :)

At the last santa pod day my clutch slipped a bit so it was time to upgrade.

Old exedy organic, not overly worn and held fine on the road just slipped trying to skid 3rd.

''Stage 4'' Competition Clutch kit, also had the flywheel skimmed.

Apex Performance clutch line, removes the original clutch damper circuit. Made the clutch really heavy but shouldnt slip.

Apex Performance gearbox mount

Old one was tired.

I have also fitted my r33 skyline front brakes with ebc grooved discs and redstuff pads, though im probably going to change the redstuffs for something a bit better.

Thats about it until winter now, ordered the r33 handbrake cables and convesion hoses for my z32 / r33 rear brake setup so i'll fit them once the bits arrive and i need to change my driveshafts as both are crunching quite badly but ill do them when im doing the brakes :)

Few little updates: (was in a rush to get the old girl somewhere so ive been slack with the pics)  :oops:

Decided to set to with my rear brake conversion, got part way through and decided to pull the whole subframe and fit the solid subframe bushes and diff bushes. Whilst there i welded washers into the subframe to remove the slots for factory adjustability as i have fully adjustable arms, pressed in the new ball joints for the lower arms (no bushes as yet due to the big rush) fitted driveshafts that don't crunch and half arsed painted the diff & subframe.

Brakes and new wheel colour :D

Blew a metal brake line when trying to bleed the rears so had to knock one up in a hurry, its not pretty but it works.

More pics will follow once ive got it back to the garage :D

Offline 16VWarby

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 15 November 2013, 11:55 »
Early september we had a drift weekend :D

Plenty of seat time and awesome twinning with my mate in his skyline.

Had a fight with a silage bale.

Booted it out.

Had an absolute blast, killed in excess of 40 tyres and was hungry for more. So we organised our own practice day for this weekend coming.

Also bought a new garrett gtx2863r, custom manifold and other bits but im running the stock turbo for this weekend. New turbo will be fitted and mapped early next year for more drifting, track days and a 3 day hill climb event :D :D