Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 307171 times)

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #50 on: 12 May 2016, 07:51 »
He is definitely talking about the factory shut down for 3-4 weeks around week 22.  When i ordered my GTI 3 years ago I was told the factory shuts down each year around this time for almost a month, so it would delay my build week, as originally I was told my GTI would be built around this time. 

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #51 on: 12 May 2016, 09:11 »
I don't think it shuts down then Brenbo. The summer shutdown is later, around mid August for 3 weeks. The week 22 thing is seamless, they would have the new parts / tooling ready to go for the new build specs on that week. However I remember chatting to my dealer in April last year and he did say that any new orders had to be for post week 22 at that stage.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline GazM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #52 on: 17 May 2016, 13:02 »
Chased VW Customer Care about my Dealer telling me that I cannot order a standard or performance GTI for July delivery. Looks like he was correct. Suspect this only applies to VW Ireland only but the email suggests otherwise. This is what I was told - standard GTI still available - GTI Performance gone- see below...

"I can confirm that the GTI is still available. The GTI Performance is no longer being manufactured. It will be replaced by the GTI Clubsport which is the 40 Year anniversary special edition of GTI. Our website will be updated in the next couple of weeks. We have yet to confirm pricing but we hope to have the vehicle ready for 162 delivery.

I trust this is to your satisfaction. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require further assistance.

Volkswagen Customer Care"

Thoughts  ???

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #53 on: 17 May 2016, 14:03 »
Interesting. As the email says, it seems the Clubsport is taking the place of the PP. Which makes sense in a way, as there's so many variations as it is and then there's the R too.

I'd be interested in seeing / hearing prices and specs for Irish Clubsports
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #54 on: 17 May 2016, 15:18 »
I wonder if it's just a temporary suspension of the PP GTI or something more permanent?
The CS was supposed to be a limited production run (but not limited in number per se).

This kind of reminds me of this time last year when VW UK hiked their prices big time and there was much speculation on here and elsewhere as to exactly why. It was thanks to sniffing around friendly and knowledgable dealers to find the reason why that I ended up buying an R accidentally so I'm not sniffing round this time!

There's quite a gulf between a CS and a PP GTI so it'll be interesting to see if this is true and that once the CS run finishes there will be some sort of mild facelift of the range. The way the specs of some of the non performance Golfs were enhanced recently with 'Editions' does smack of run out model with increased spec. But then again tech and competitors move on a lot quicker than they have done historically so there's nothing concrete to draw upon apart from the A3 facelift.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Nano2nd

• Not said much yet
« Reply #55 on: 18 May 2016, 17:28 »
is the PP suspension for just Ireland? or UK too... i'm on the cusp of ordering (final negotiations!)

Offline Damion

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #56 on: 18 May 2016, 18:32 »
Ive had a PP on order that was delivered to the port on Sunday and the dealer called me today asking if i would let them have it for another dealer  complaint and would re order me one on a 162 plate.
I understand they are having issues with the price for the Clubsport here as it hits the same price point as an R. I suspect a de specified model will go on sale here.
i would say a limited run would fulfl orders as there are not too many GTI's on the road, certainly 151 onwards.
2016 R!
2016 GTI PP Ordered and cancelled
2015 3DR GTD
2011 3DR GTD
2008 3DR 2.0TDI GT Sport

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #57 on: 18 May 2016, 18:45 »
PP option is still on the UK configurator, along with the Clubsport, which is a separate model.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline vw spur

• Here all the time
« Reply #58 on: 18 May 2016, 19:24 »
Ive had a PP on order that was delivered to the port on Sunday and the dealer called me today asking if i would let them have it for another dealer  complaint and would re order me one on a 162 plate.

What was your reply to the dealers question??
Collected 09/04/16 : Golf GTD Carbon Grey Sport & Sound Pack DSG Pro Nav Dynaudio Rear Camera High Beam Assist 90% Tints

Still pining for:2009 BMW 330i M Sport Convertible

Offline Damion

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #59 on: 18 May 2016, 19:28 »
 No.

I repeated that a few times.
Although find it interesting they would replace with the Clubsport, ill call them tomorrow just in case!
2016 R!
2016 GTI PP Ordered and cancelled
2015 3DR GTD
2011 3DR GTD
2008 3DR 2.0TDI GT Sport