Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2812268 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5460 on: 01 October 2016, 12:10 »
I think you should post up the dash cam footage of the incident Ms B as I'm sure the commentary would be 'interesting' to hear!
Despair and disbelief anyone?
Swear filter maybe?

Just thinking about taking a shiny Mk7 down a single track lane in bramble season makes me shudder.
Not unless the lane had just been resurfaced to the standard of the Royal Mall and the hedges cut right back, and then napalmed for good measure afterwards, the day before my visit. Oh and obviously the road would have to be closed to oncoming traffic on that day too.
Not that I'm a fusspot or anything.
I should have been born into royalty.
Come to think of it, I was probably switched at birth.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5461 on: 01 October 2016, 12:36 »
Washed it in the rain and then the hail came, so detailing cut short but at least was clannish for a couple of minutes. :roll eyes:  Few crap pics in the rain:

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5462 on: 01 October 2016, 12:46 »
I think you should post up the dash cam footage of the incident Ms B as I'm sure the commentary would be 'interesting' to hear!
Swear filter maybe?

Just thinking about taking a shiny Mk7 down a single track lane in bramble season makes me shudder.
Not unless the lane had just been resurfaced to the standard of the Royal Mall and the hedges cut right back, and then napalmed for good measure afterwards, the day before my visit. Oh and obviously the road would have to be closed to oncoming traffic on that day too.

I was going to post up the dashcam video of the lorry to show how ridiculous it was, but when I went to look for the relevant bit of footage, I discovered that I when I'd had the camera out earlier that morning to swap the SD card for a bigger capacity one, I hadn't pushed the power connector in properly and there was a 4 hour void of no footage!  Thank god nothing major happened in that time!  Apart from articulated lorry-gate.  But I'm afraid there wouldn't have been any entertaining commentary to bleep out as I've turned off the audio recording function.  Decided to turn it off as a few days ago I was going to post up a bit of footage from a car park where another car was behaving strangely moving from space to space for no apparent reason but when I watched it back it was accompanied by the delightful sound of my daughter singing along at the top of her voice.  And then another amusing clip showing 2 Porches racing each other at a roundabout had me doing a giant sneeze in the middle of it.  So no more audio.  :grin:

And yes, I've always thought you rather a princely person.  Switched at birth for sure.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5463 on: 01 October 2016, 12:52 »
Swear filter maybe?

I was going to post up the dashcam video of the lorry to show how ridiculous it was, but when I went to look for the relevant bit of footage, I discovered that I when I'd had the camera out earlier that morning to swap the SD card for a bigger capacity one, I hadn't pushed the power connector in properly and there was a 4 hour void of no footage!  Thank god nothing major happened in that time!  Apart from articulated lorry-gate.  But I'm afraid there wouldn't have been any entertaining commentary to bleep out as I've turned off the audio recording function.  Decided to turn it off as a few days ago I was going to post up a bit of footage from a car park where another car was behaving strangely moving from space to space for no apparent reason but when I watched it back it was accompanied by the delightful sound of my daughter singing along at the top of her voice.  And then another amusing clip showing 2 Porches racing each other at a roundabout had me doing a giant sneeze in the middle of it.  So no more audio.  :grin:

And yes, I've always thought you rather a princely person.  Switched at birth for sure.  :smiley:
From those descriptions the audio would just be the icing on the cake!
Comedy gold.

I do weird things in car parks, most days I arrive at work and shove the car in the best spot I can find. Then as I'm just about to get out someone will vacate a better spot so I grab that one, then just as I get into that space someone else will depart leaving an even better space. It's no wonder I'm always late for work.
Maybe it was me you filmed!!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5464 on: 01 October 2016, 14:07 »
Swear filter maybe?

From those descriptions the audio would just be the icing on the cake!
Comedy gold.

I do weird things in car parks, most days I arrive at work and shove the car in the best spot I can find. Then as I'm just about to get out someone will vacate a better spot so I grab that one, then just as I get into that space someone else will depart leaving an even better space. It's no wonder I'm always late for work.
Maybe it was me you filmed!!

So it was you, lol.  Have you got a red Vauxhall you are keeping secret?   :whistle:

It wasn't so much the car moving from space to space, as like you, I do that myself if a better (more safe) spot becomes available, but this car moved from a perfectly good spot to another perfectly good alternative and then finally settled on much lesser space!  At first I wondered if they'd dinged someone's door and decided to move sharpish but didn't appear to be the case.  People do strange things full stop! 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #5465 on: 01 October 2016, 15:30 »
bet they was trying to get a 4G signal or something,  :whistle:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5466 on: 01 October 2016, 17:10 »
bet they was trying to get a 4G signal or something,  :whistle:

Doubtful, as great 4G coverage in that particular car park. I think they were playing automotive draughts.  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #5467 on: 01 October 2016, 20:26 »
Started it after 2 1/2 weeks away, made me smile
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline cosmos

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5468 on: 02 October 2016, 18:27 »
After a trip to Sainsburys yesterday where I was asked in the car park if I wanted my car washed by a team of people with the filthiest sponges and chamois I've ever seen I took the hint (insult?) and gave mine the full works inside and out - can't believe people would actually pay them to 'clean their cars. Took me 3 hours all in but my GTI has never looked so clean, it's a bit gloomy now so no photos though I can see from my window the last of the evening sun reflecting beautifully off the bonnet.  I'm not sure what I like best about Dodo Juice's Purple Haze wax - the shine or the smell  :cool: I really like the citrus smell of Valet Pro's snow foam too.

Golf GTI PP | DSG | 5 door | Carbon Steel Grey | DCC | Tech Pack | Parking Pack

Offline somersetred

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5469 on: 05 October 2016, 21:34 »
Just found a nail in my 18 month yr old bridge stones that came with the car.  Wanted Pirelli initially but have ordered Michelin pilot sport 4s.  Think from looking on the tyre thread and the reviews I've done the right thing.  The pirellis available were the p zero rossos and not the p zeros which I'm led to believe aren't as good?
GTI pp tornado red