Author Topic: Philips X-Treme power bulbs (pics on page 6)  (Read 28619 times)

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
Re: Philips X-Treme power bulbs
« Reply #80 on: 31 January 2008, 20:11 »
If you ordered the ones on the first page (they are the main beam ones). You should get a set of "Blue Vision" sidelights (first turn on the light switch, I assume this is what you called dipped?) for free :)

Think he means the high beam (one you use for lanes) and the dipped on the first page.

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #81 on: 31 January 2008, 20:14 »
If anyone is ordering from power bulbs you can get 10% off with this code:

RLKHQ1883    :smiley:   (dont know if the one on this site still works but this one defo does   :laugh:  :wink: )

Offline Jonnys07

• GTI forum regular
  • GTi Anniversary 180bhp - Milltek Coming Soon!!
« Reply #82 on: 01 February 2008, 17:10 »
yeh I bought the dipped ones with the free sidelights and then some main beam ones which are for the country lanes. Just wasn't sure whether 'H1' and 'H7' were the correct codes for both of these lights. They've been despatched now anyway so ill soon find out on monday!!

Jon

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #83 on: 01 February 2008, 17:33 »
Which high beam ones did you get? Link ?

Offline Jonnys07

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #84 on: 01 February 2008, 19:36 »
Description                    Quantity Item Value Item Tax Item Total Line Total
Philips X-Treme Power H7      1          £29.95                  £29.95      £29.95
Philips Blue Vision H1            1           Ã‚£19.45                  £19.45       Ã‚£19.45
FREE Philips Blue Vision W5W 1              £0          £0             Ã‚£0
AYSCX1729                                                                            -£4.94

looking back now maybe the osram night breakers might have been better but these are the two that i've bought. hopefully the blue vision aren't TOO blue as I personally think it looks a bit naff. will post some pics when they're fitted. some pics were posted earlier on in the thread and they looked ace  :grin:

Jon

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
« Reply #85 on: 01 February 2008, 21:03 »
Description                    Quantity Item Value Item Tax Item Total Line Total
Philips X-Treme Power H7      1          £29.95                  £29.95      £29.95
Philips Blue Vision H1            1           Ã‚£19.45                  £19.45       Ã‚£19.45
AYSCX1729                                                                            -£4.94

looking back now maybe the osram night breakers might have been better but these are the two that i've bought. hopefully the blue vision aren't TOO blue as I personally think it looks a bit naff. will post some pics when they're fitted. some pics were posted earlier on in the thread and they looked ace  :grin:

Jon

Fear not the free blue vision side lights are not at all blue when lit just pure white  :wink:

Offline Booky16v

• GTI forum regular
  • V6 4motion and Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade
« Reply #86 on: 06 February 2008, 21:44 »

Jon

Fear not the free blue vision side lights are not at all blue when lit just pure white  :wink:

Excellente
2000/W, 204 Bhp AUE, Full Leather Recaros, Aero wipers, Santa Monicas on Eagle F1's, OEM R32/Anni rear spoiler, Climatronic, OEM 312mm powder coated calipers/carriers

Offline thehectorman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #87 on: 07 February 2008, 14:00 »
Just fitted my new lights... I have half my hands left after the car ate most of my skin!!!  :angry:

BUT the new ones are savage, well worth the pain  :grin:

Offline Jonnys07

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #88 on: 07 February 2008, 20:14 »
i have changed one headlight (the easy one, even though I was still seriously f**ked off  with the bar-steward afterwards) and cant seem to notice a difference atm. They look the same when the lights are on. Are they supposed to look different or just put more light ahead of you when driving?

Wots the best way of tackling the other one? remove the bumper and grill or battery?

Jon

Offline thehectorman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #89 on: 07 February 2008, 21:48 »
Ya can take out the battery but I did it the stubborn way n left the battery in... hands were in bits after cuz der aint enough room to move about