Author Topic: Golf Virgin  (Read 19586 times)

Offline Katie-Pie

• Not said much yet
Re: Golf Virgin
« Reply #20 on: 31 January 2006, 15:22 »
btw...is anyone else in total 100% love with the 25th Anniversary mk4 golf???? :drool: :drool: :drool:
Bembridge Represent

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 31 January 2006, 15:23 »
YES!

i ocasionally see a black one on the way to work at the traffic lights, i sometimes have to get honked at to move as i am too busy looking at the golf!

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #22 on: 31 January 2006, 15:26 »
Deffo need to sort the handling out on them bloody great big shopping trollies  :evil:

and as for "rolley polley" i have done that too, was a bit bizarre tbh, slow motion and all that stuff.  :cool:

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 31 January 2006, 15:31 »
who me?  :smiley:

i like them in silver if i was to have a preference, although now u mention red ones i have seen one of those knocking about my part of the world, nothing to be sneezed at

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #24 on: 31 January 2006, 15:34 »
shopping trolley ?!! thems fightin' words.

i like the anni, prefer the R32 :cool: ... although i might end up with a TDI anni for work since my 1.8T is drinking 2 tanks of optimax a week.

as for the tuning, the remaps do a lot more than up the boost, all sorts of timing and fuelling banks are adjusted. with a decent exhaust/cat and remap you might just hit 200bhp with a 99 car, they started putting slightly bigger turbos on the later models which give a bit more pull.

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 31 January 2006, 15:39 »
Bloody hell, 1.8T and a rallye thats just plain greedy topher, i think u should donate one of them to me  :rolleyes:

Would prefer an R32, goes without saying but would for about 5 or 6 grand cheaper the Anniversary is a good understoody, especially with it re-mapped!

Offline Katie-Pie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 31 January 2006, 16:27 »

and as for "rolley polley" i have done that too, was a bit bizarre tbh, slow motion and all that stuff. :cool:

yer, me and my bf went for a tumble just over a week ago in his glanza  :sad:was horrible :sad:

and ofcorse the r32 is nicer than the 25th, but it is in a different league i think :undecided:
Also, yer im getting it re-mapped, WHEN i get one, was jst quoting what was said on a website, jst wondered if there was any truth in it, as i am abit of a self confessed dits when it comes to the mechanical side of cars :embarassed:
Bembridge Represent

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #27 on: 31 January 2006, 16:39 »
Aye i crashed on a dual carriage way was rather eventful, shame cos i just spent about 6 months getting it all running again and was finally happy with it. Oh well got an even more powerful mk2 now, and they say you live and learn...   :evil: :evil:

Offline Katie-Pie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 31 January 2006, 16:43 »
they say you live and learn....

The second glanza owner on the island, also rolled his one yesterday morning but at about 120mph, but he cant say the above...

But yer tobes had only had it afew months and we had jst been 2 the car wash so she was a'shinin  lol funny old word eh' hehe...
« Last Edit: 31 January 2006, 16:49 by Katie-Pie »
Bembridge Represent

Offline Katie-Pie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 31 January 2006, 17:18 »
so...has anyone found any really cool websites where one can purchase my intercooler, air filter, coilovers etc etc etc etc etc and actually used it? if so wanna throw the link my way? :wink:
Much appreciated  :grin:
Bembridge Represent