Author Topic: W3Z's Mk4 Golf 1.8t AGU...  (Read 7653 times)

Offline W3Z

• Not said much yet
W3Z's Mk4 Golf 1.8t AGU...
« on: 30 September 2011, 22:53 »
alrite fellas, thought i'd put up a few pics of me car... its nothing compared to some of the other golfs ive seen on these and other forums but anyway, its mine and i love it (when its running fine) lol

anyway like the title says its a '99 1.8t AGU, picked it up in mid 2008 looking like this...

its stayed like that for about 2 months, and to be honest the only thing i really ever wanted to get done to it was lower it. So i brought some 40mm lowering springs which my brother in law fitted for me.

and thats pretty much how it stayed for a couple of years...

then i joined this forum.....  :evil:

started looking around and seeing what some of you guys were doing to ur cars and i started thinking about giving mine just a little make over!

so i started by buying some carbon fibre wrap from ebay and get rid of the horrible wood effect i had going on

and because i still had so much left over i started wrapping everything in the stuff ... including my iphone!!! i decided to take my grill ove and have a go at wrapping the chrome VW

whilst doing this i had recieved my r32 front bumper and had given it a test fitting...

before

during

after

i kept it on whilst i waited to get it sprayed...
« Last Edit: 30 September 2011, 23:09 by W3Z »

Offline W3Z

• Not said much yet
Re: w3Z's Mk4 Golf 1.8t AGU...
« Reply #1 on: 30 September 2011, 22:54 »
next i wanted new wheels but seeing as i didnt have the money for a new set i decided to temporarily spray my current wheels, so i brought 4 cans of Plasti-Dip and got spraying! i wasnt fussed if the wheels got damaged in anyway as they are pretty much on there last legs anyway!

yes i drove around for a couple of days with 1 black wheel...

i was pretty pleased with how the wheels turned out and will keep them like that throughout winter and look into new wheels for next summer!

whilst doing this i was buying little things that the car needed, nothing major, silly little things like a new side indicator lense, rear wiper cover, new bee sting arial and grommit seal for the arial plus a few other bits. Then i was searching in the classifieds and noticed that Patch was stripping his gorgeous car and had his rear bumper up for sale! as soon as i see it, i wanted it... so over the next few days and annoying the hell out of my girlfriend by constantly looking at it i decided that i just couldnt afford it! but then on the saturday i won £195 on my footy bet and the first thing i thought of was the bloody bumper.... so i pretty much immediately got in touch with patch and later on that week it had arrived!!!!

within 10 mintues i was outside fitting it...

before

after

it makes such a difference and without doubt its my favorite part of the car!
« Last Edit: 30 September 2011, 23:02 by W3Z »

Offline W3Z

• Not said much yet
Re: w3Z's Mk4 Golf 1.8t AGU...
« Reply #2 on: 30 September 2011, 22:56 »
and finally...

here are a few more pics taken over the last week

on wednesday i finally got the front bumper sprayed, but we aint happy with the final result and are planning on re-doing it sumtime over the next week. once done the genuine r32 bottom grills will be going on and ive also got a cupra r splitter currently at the seat dealers waiting for me to pic up sumtime!

and thats pretty much as it stands, im very pleased with it! i only started doin the mods to it at the beggining of August so its been a pretty hectic month or so...

finally here are a few pics that ive done in photoshop

soz for the extremely long post...  :rolleyes:

Wez
« Last Edit: 30 September 2011, 22:57 by W3Z »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: W3Z's Mk4 Golf 1.8t AGU...
« Reply #3 on: 01 October 2011, 13:45 »
As I was scrolling through the pics I thought yeah looks nice apart from apart from all that mesh, then you painted it and now it all looks  :cool:

Offline W3Z

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 01 October 2011, 15:01 »
cheers fellas

yeh the mesh is awful to be honest, it looks slightly better now ive sprayed it black! it will have to stay on until i get the bumper resprayed then i'll put the proper grills on!

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #5 on: 01 October 2011, 21:03 »
Nice! Another black MK4 :cool: :cool:

Offline daz veedub

• Forum addict
  • Operation 1.8t bolf
« Reply #6 on: 03 October 2011, 17:51 »
good work there mate looking smooth and cool

Offline vwgtiking

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 22 January 2012, 18:32 »
Hi mate, noticed your from ipswich!! which springs are you using?

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 22 January 2012, 19:13 »
top work fella  :cool:

i see your dog takes an intrest  :laugh:

Offline W3Z

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 22 January 2012, 19:36 »
glad im not the only one who noticed! he never leaves me or the missus alone

springs are 40mm drop, not sure where i got them from, my brother in law ordered them for me  :undecided: