Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245726 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #1350 on: 22 February 2020, 11:48 »
Finally, build week confirmed. Someone remind me again is that confirmed to be built in the next 4 weeks at some point? I might get this before April 1st 🤞

Yes they only plan 4 production weeks in advance - fairly normal in manufacturing.

Then you have the shipping part... which sometimes is lightning fast and sometimes isn't!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1351 on: 22 February 2020, 12:05 »
Finally, build week confirmed. Someone remind me again is that confirmed to be built in the next 4 weeks at some point? I might get this before April 1st 🤞

4 weeks to build and probably 2 weeks transit. Not looking hopeful for April 1st. If the car gets built at the start of its build week rather than the end, leaves the factory straight away, gets straight onto the train for Emden and then gets straight on a ship without messing around, only sits at Tyne Dock a day to clear customs and gets delivered to the dealership within 2 days (more chance at Tyne than Sheerness or Grimsby)for a same day PDI/next day collection - you might have a chance.

Hopefully VW will be aware of the VED changes and will prioritise shipping to prevent customers getting stung. Most likely they won't give a sh!t and consider it unfortunate timing for the customer if it turns up on the 4th or whatever.

I wonder what the law is for registration? Could the dealership register the car on the 1st if it arrived on UK soil on the 1st, or does it gave to have cleared customs and be at the dealership before they register it?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1352 on: 22 February 2020, 12:12 »
Good point that Matt. My Tiguan was registered while it was sitting in Tyne dock but maybe that was because VW cocked that one up  :grin:
They might be able to register pre 1st April but probably won't.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1353 on: 22 February 2020, 23:45 »
Bit of an odd one this evening, I saw my car’s doppelgänger literally around the corner from my old house!
There can’t be that many white Reifnitz non-Akra TCR’s about and less still with ALL of the side decals removed. But there it was!
So, if that was anyone here just outside of Exeter parked up on Saturday evening then “hi”

That’s the fourth TCR I’ve seen out in the wilds now excluding mine and dealer demos. Not bad since I don’t get out too much!
One grey with Reifnitz in Exeter.
A grey on Belvederes I used to see on the A379.
A red one in the summer going through Dawlish.
And now a white one too.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1354 on: 23 February 2020, 12:12 »
Excepting dealer cars, I've still only seen one, a black 5dr when they first came out. A German registered one. Don't see many MK7/7.5 GTIs around here of any variety. Mostly Rs and GTDs.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline jf111

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1355 on: 23 February 2020, 13:53 »
Bit of an odd one this evening, I saw my car’s doppelgänger literally around the corner from my old house!
There can’t be that many white Reifnitz non-Akra TCR’s about and less still with ALL of the side decals removed. But there it was!
So, if that was anyone here just outside of Exeter parked up on Saturday evening then “hi”

That’s the fourth TCR I’ve seen out in the wilds now excluding mine and dealer demos. Not bad since I don’t get out too much!
One grey with Reifnitz in Exeter.
A grey on Belvederes I used to see on the A379.
A red one in the summer going through Dawlish.
And now a white one too.

What did the one on Belvederes look like in real life?

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1356 on: 23 February 2020, 15:01 »

What did the one on Belvederes look like in real life?

They look fine in real life on the TCR.
I was never keen on them when I ran them in my Clubsport as the rear spoiler made the car look very tall at the rear and needs 19” wheels to balance the visual profile out.

The TCR looks lower due to the small rear spoiler lip, the weird diffuser and the shape of the sculpted side skirts (plus front splitter) which makes the car look more squat than an Ed40.
Therefore the 18’s look perfectly good on it.
The long spokes of the Belvederes which run right to the rim make them look quite big too.

The only criticism I can make of the car running Belvederes applies to all of the factory 7.5J wheels on the mk7 which is they sit much too far into the arches, requiring spacers to look right.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline turnipandchips

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1357 on: 23 February 2020, 16:26 »
Ive had mine I'm guessing 6 weeks or so, since then I've seen 3 others, all in grey Stamford, Peterborough and Patridge Green.
Tornado Red 2020 Golf TCR, Westfield with Vauxhall power!

Offline ChrisTCR

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1358 on: 23 February 2020, 16:50 »
Had mine coming up to 7 months, I've seen one other pure grey and a red one on the road. A local dealership has a white one and a black one for sale.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1359 on: 23 February 2020, 17:17 »
The only criticism I can make of the car running Belvederes applies to all of the factory 7.5J wheels on the mk7 which is they sit much too far into the arches, requiring spacers to look right.

The Reifnitz do look really good, quite beefy :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.