Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245741 times)

Offline Rimp

• Not said much yet
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #1330 on: 20 February 2020, 12:26 »
Yeh my order was put in on 19th December so I'm currently at 9 weeks. I'm not so much angry if it is a bit delayed its the fact that I don't know any information.

I spec'ed Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, 90% tints and Pretoria wheels.

I still have an old Corolla Tsport at home which I can use so I wont have to buy another car to use while I wait but would still have been nice to have it for when I get back into the country
GTI TCR 5dr Pure Grey+Black on Pretorias -on order

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1331 on: 20 February 2020, 12:32 »
I'm in with Dynaudio, climate screen and DCC in pure grey. I waited nearly 24ish weeks in 2013 for a mk gtd so you'd think I'd be used to it 😂
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1332 on: 20 February 2020, 13:29 »
I ordered my TCR on the 5th January and nearly seven weeks later it's still sitting with the factory. This is the third new VW I've ordered in recent years and the information is as bad if not worse than ever. The response from VW UK who should know more than my supplying dealer is to ask me to contact my dealer 😀. The only issue I've got is if the car is registered after 1st April I'll have to pay an extra 300 odd quid on first registration due to wltp tax changes. VW will be paying that because I'm not! If they can't supply a car within 12 weeks or so when BMW can within 8 is beyond me. I've got Dynaudio in my TCR so if that is the issue then surely VW UK would know this.

Although I am hopefully getting mine (GTI) during March, do these new rules affect all motorists or just company car drivers?
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1333 on: 20 February 2020, 13:44 »
Everyone. 1st April for private buyers and 6th April for company car drivers.

Offline Rimp

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1334 on: 20 February 2020, 14:01 »
I'm in with Dynaudio, climate screen and DCC in pure grey. I waited nearly 24ish weeks in 2013 for a mk gtd so you'd think I'd be used to it 😂

you didn't happen to use Pulman VW on Newcastle Road did you McMaddy? I've just realised we will be pretty close geographically
GTI TCR 5dr Pure Grey+Black on Pretorias -on order

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1335 on: 20 February 2020, 15:01 »
I have bought from them previously and then Durham but my current and this new car are from VW Northallerton. Pulman just weren't anywhere near on the figures I've got from Northallerton and didn't show any effort too either. What colour have you gone for? Whereabouts are you? Pm me if you don't want to share forum wide  :grin:

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1336 on: 20 February 2020, 18:31 »
Thanks - despite googling this, there does not seem to be a lot of clear info and what I can find seems to be aimed more at business/company users - I am a normal person though :grin: :grin:

My GTI order details say

CO2 emissions
CO2 emissions (NEDC): 143 g/km*
CO2 emissions (WLTP): 169.8 g/km*

Assuming I pick up before 1.4.20 I assume my vehicle will be taxed on the 143 figure, but if I collect from 1.4.20 onwards what would the additional tax be compared to pre 1.4.20 and who is responsible for any increase? Do these new rates only affect the first/initial year?
GTI 7.5 Performance 5dr DSG Tornado Red - completely standard spec as - it comes out of the tin as they say

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1337 on: 20 February 2020, 18:53 »
Thanks - despite googling this, there does not seem to be a lot of clear info and what I can find seems to be aimed more at business/company users - I am a normal person though :grin: :grin:

My GTI order details say

CO2 emissions

Assuming I pick up before 1.4.20 I assume my vehicle will be taxed on the 143 figure, but if I collect from 1.4.20 onwards what would the additional tax be compared to pre 1.4.20 and who is responsible for any increase? Do these new rates only affect the first/initial year?

Based on those CO2 figures, for a petrol engines car first year VED rates;
- before 01/04/2020; £210
- on or after 01/04/2020; £530

Second year and subsequent years; current VED rate is a flat £145 (increases each year - was £140 last year) irrespective of CO2 emissions. The exception is if the list price of the car exceeds £40k, in which case there’s an additional VED charge on top of the £145 for five years from the start of year 2; this additional VED charge I think is £320. From year seven, VED reverts back to the lower (currently £145) amount.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #1338 on: 20 February 2020, 19:05 »
Who is responsible for the increase? If you mean who pays it, it's you. The dealer supplies the vehicle, you pay the tax. If it changes between order and delivery, tough luck.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mistac

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1339 on: 20 February 2020, 19:21 »

My GTI order details say

CO2 emissions

Based on those CO2 figures, for a petrol engines car first year VED rates;
- before 01/04/2020; £210
- on or after 01/04/2020; £530

Second year and subsequent years; current VED rate is a flat £145 (increases each year - was £140 last year) irrespective of CO2 emissions. The exception is if the list price of the car exceeds £40k, in which case there’s an additional VED charge on top of the £145 for five years from the start of year 2; this additional VED charge I think is £320. From year seven, VED reverts back to the lower (currently £145) amount.

Just spent ages looking at this and cant find any reliable source - where are you getting your info from? I have only managed to find info about changes from Apr 19 onwards (or before) which mentions Apr 20 onwards etc and the info is heavily slanted towards company/business users?