Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245722 times)

Offline turnipandchips

• Not said much yet
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #1300 on: 11 February 2020, 19:29 »
Thought it about time I posted some pictures of mine, I lasted about 3 weeks before the stickers had to come off.

Tornado Red 2020 Golf TCR, Westfield with Vauxhall power!

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #1301 on: 11 February 2020, 19:38 »
So nice  :cool: especially with the exhaust!

Red looks great when polished up and goes great with the black wheels etc. Looks amazing.

Think it was the right decision to lose the decals. I think they are OK on the gray but not so much on the other colours. I would have preferred them to be just of colour from the car colour so only noticeable in certain lights/angles.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline turnipandchips

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1302 on: 11 February 2020, 19:43 »

Red looks great when polished up and goes great with the black wheels etc. Looks amazing.

Think it was the right decision to lose the decals. I think they are OK on the gray but not so much on the other colours. I would have preferred them to be just of colour from the car colour so only noticeable in certain lights/angles.

Cheers, very happy with it...I was having that exact conversation about the black on the grey, almost everyone I asked what they thought of the graphics didn't like them. with the black roof and black trim the graphics just felt too much.

Offline TDI-line

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1303 on: 11 February 2020, 19:43 »
Very nice.  :cool:

How did you manage to remove those honeycomb stickers? Or are they just two large stickers?

Thanks.
2019: MK7.5 GTI TCR: DEEP GREY / BLACK ROOF: REIFNITZ PERFORMANCE PACK: DYNAUDIO: AKRAPOVIC: UTR DASHCAMS

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1304 on: 11 February 2020, 19:46 »

Cheers, very happy with it...I was having that exact conversation about the black on the grey, almost everyone I asked what they thought of the graphics didn't like them. with the black roof and black trim the graphics just felt too much.

Looks good, and agree with @CookieMonsterGTI, much better without the side decals. Tornado Red with black wheels is a good combination.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1305 on: 11 February 2020, 20:01 »
Very, very nice turnipandchips, mind you I quite liked the graphics :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1306 on: 11 February 2020, 20:03 »
Lovely TCR turnipandchips.
The black and red always a great combo :afro:

I also agree with CookieMonster about the decals and how much better they’d have looked being close to body colour, I’m sure they’d be far better received that way.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline turnipandchips

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1307 on: 11 February 2020, 21:05 »
Very nice.  :cool:

How did you manage to remove those honeycomb stickers? Or are they just two large stickers?

Thanks.
Individual stickers, I got a hairdryer on them to soften up the glue then peeled off quite easily, maybe an hour or so to get them all off.

Offline turnipandchips

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1308 on: 11 February 2020, 21:11 »
Very, very nice turnipandchips, mind you I quite liked the graphics :laugh:
Thank you, I kept an open mind when I got the car but they had to go, was always the main talking point when I showed people the new car. I'm 44 as well so did feel a little too midlife crisis. haha (all in my humble opinion of course).

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #1309 on: 12 February 2020, 08:54 »
The decals looked alright on the grey TCR they used for the promo shots.... on your TR they looked bloody terrible.

What did VW charge for that option? Wasn't it something like £500 - being the tight Yorkshireman that I am, I'd be grumbling with every one removed  :grin:

If you ever feel like you want to repeat the mistake, or anyone else that wants to upgrade their Golf Match, I just found this on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-TCR-Honeycomb-Side-decals-graphics-Kit-3-DOOR-KIT-Mk7-MK7-5-Mk8-GTI-GTD-/123700139345

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC